Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

event ID 10016...Virus?

This is a discussion on event ID 10016...Virus? within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I got a call from someone saying my computer was infected. I eventually realized that this was probably a scam,

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

I got a call from someone saying my computer was infected. I eventually realized that this was probably a scam, but one of the things he led me to was the event viewer, where there were a bunch of error messages, mainly the 10016 one. here is what the message says...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Is this something that I need to worry about, a virus perhaps? If so, how do I resolve this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

It's usually no problem. If you absolutely need to troubleshoot: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../cc751272.aspx

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

it shows up about 3-4 times a day, I just want to make sure its not part of a virus or something. I recently Re-installed windows since I saw seeing about 30 of these a day. Hoping that my computer is safe is all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2017, 03:07 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

It shouldn't be a security issue. It's a question of Admin gaining control. I'd leave it alone, but it can be changed in the Registry.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search