Thanks. Given your initial description, the malware you did cite for me, along with this bsod gives me a good idea of what I'm after. These instructions will seem overwhelming, but it's not as difficult as it looks - it's merely detailed.
You'll need a blank CD for this next set of instructions. Please download the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows
. In the left side panel of that webpage, click 'How to Build' for step by step instructions to create this boot disk.
Please note: If your XP install disc is SP1
then please do the following:
- Disable DComLaunch Service
- Enable- LargeIDE Fix
This can be done by pressing the "Plugin" button and checking or unchecking the appropriate selections
Also note: If you have a Dell XP install disc you will need to follow the instructions here https://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm#dell
From your working computer, download OTLPE.zip
and save it to a flash drive.
Double click and unzip OTLPE.zip
to its own folder on your flash drive. Name it OTLPE <-- Important!!
Plug your flash drive into the infected computer.
Ensure the infected computer is set to boot from DVD/CDRom drive first, hard drive second.
Insert the UBCD4Win disc in to one of your CD/DVD drives and restart your computer.
The computer should choose to boot from the UBCD4Win CD automatically. If it doesn't and you are asked if you want to boot from CD, then choose that option.
- In the window that pops up select Launch The Ultimate Boot CD For Windows and press Enter.
- It may take a little longer for the Desktop to appear than it does when you start your computer normally. Just let the process run itself until the desktop appears.
- Once the desktop appears, you will receive a message asking: Do you want to start Network support? Click on Yes if you want to use the PE environment to get online to post your log
You should now have a desktop that looks like this:
Single click My computer
from your UBCD4W desktop to navigate to the OTLPE
folder that you saved to your flash drive.
Open the OTLPE
folder and double click Start.cmd
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTLPE should now start
Change the following settings
- Change Services, Drivers, Standard and Extra Registry to All
- Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word "Code"
- A report will open. Save that log to your flash drive. Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.