Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

User Tag List

"App Explorer Updated" on Startup

This is a discussion on "App Explorer Updated" on Startup within the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Whenever I migrate my files to any new pc, I get the attached screenshot showing up on startup - obviously

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

Whenever I migrate my files to any new pc, I get the attached screenshot showing up on startup - obviously one of my old files is infected with something, but no amount of scanning with any program I'm aware of has located any infection, nor do I see any suspicious startup entries anywhere. I've noticed the message content seems to be randomized (on some new PCs it'll say something like "Windows Startup Menu Updated" instead of "App Explorer Updated" for example.

Anyone run across this one before?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	malware.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	299353  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CPU constantly at 100% as laptop slows to a halt
Hey guys (and gals), You all helped me out tremendously a cpl yrs ago and Iím hoping you can help me again. After indulging the latest Windows Automatic Update about a month ago my laptop has since slowed significantly and the CPU Performance level has been continually at 100%. Despite...
lebruskiere Resolved HJT Threads 53 01-13-2014 04:42 AM
Suspected Malware In Neighbors Computer
I originally went to fix his printer but I think that is being affected by malware. The things I think are fishy is whitesmoke toolbar and something called yontoo. I ran his antivirus and cleaned up what it found. Windows install CD is a no for now, I have asked him if he has it and but he is...
kmssd Resolved HJT Threads 20 01-03-2012 07:44 PM
Problem with malware and spyware
Hi i've got problems with spyware and malware. I don't know how ro remove it. I am not excellent at technical information but I am good at following instrauctions. Please would you help me step by step get rid of it all. According to a spyware program I have something called 'Rogue Security...
Blackwood Resolved HJT Threads 45 10-31-2011 02:56 PM
Probably Phished; Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while"verifying startup pr
Hi there, E here. Probably got Phished while signing into redbox.com located via google search vice saved link :( Multiple Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while "verifying startup programs" forcing reboot; linking attach.zip to post also froze pc requiring reboot. 2nd attempt at...
ebernheisel Resolved HJT Threads 50 09-29-2011 11:27 AM
Internet Explorer has stopped working...
I'm trying to get into my e-mail in AOL and it keeps popping up that Internet Explorer has stopped working and then it asks if I want to send the info to Microsoft and when I view Details, this is what comes up: C:\Users\ED\AppData\Local\Temp\WER26BA.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml...
Denise822 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 08-26-2011 04:15 AM