Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Web Design & Development

User Tag List

Unable to Load Webpage

This is a discussion on Unable to Load Webpage within the Web Design & Development forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all! I'm trying to create a website for the first time. I was able to create an FTP account

Old 05-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all!

I'm trying to create a website for the first time. I was able to create an FTP account on awardspace.com and successfully used FileZilla to upload my index.html file to the remote site hostname example.net.

When I open up my file browser and put ftp://example.net into the address bar, I get a prompt to login and once I've done that I can even see my index.html file, so I know it was uploaded successfully.

But when I try to visit example.net in the browser, I get the message
"Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I really have no idea what to do here; is there something wrong with how my directory is set up?
knightsmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #2
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

I would double check that you put the html file in the correct folder. If it still isn't working than I would check with your hosting provider to see if there is any other problems.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote