User Tag List

VMware

This is a discussion on VMware within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. VMware screen comes up when I click on a link received via email, It blocks the link information, I don't

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 11:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

VMware screen comes up when I click on a link received via email, It blocks the link information, I don't know what VMware is , and only saw an email recently referencing free VMware. I did not download anything.
Help,
Thanks, Joyce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

VMWare is a Virtual Machine software that allows you to run another operating system in a virtual environment. Your email was most likely just a promotional one.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, masterchief,Yes, I see the email is a promotional offer from a few days ago.. I still don't know why a link from an email I received would take me to a screen page from VMware, although I could see the true link title in the toolbar box. The sender of the link had no idea and when they clicked on the link it went straight to the correct info.
Thanks, anyway, just didn't want to have accidentally added something I didn't need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2016, 05:39 AM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

As long as you did not commit to downloading anything, you should be fine. You can check your Installed Programs in the Control Panel of Windows.

As for the email, it can be sent to the trash.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VMware patches 'critical' vulnerability
VMware has issued a patch for its VMware View product that fixes a security vulnerability that could allow an unauthorized user to access system files. "VMware View contains a critical directory traversal vulnerability that allows an unauthenticated remote attacker to retrieve arbitrary files...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 12-21-2012 01:23 PM
VMware warns customers: Patch now as more stolen code leaks
VMware warned on Sunday that more of its source code for its ESX hypervisor technology could become public after another batch of code was released by a hacker. The source code dates from 2004 and is related to other code released in April, wrote Iain Mulholland, VMware's director of platform...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 11-05-2012 01:14 PM
I would like to know more about VMWare Player, and other important info as well
I would like to know about VMWare Player. First of all, I would like to know about the bios setup in VMWare. Now what I want to know is if the bios acts the same as the actual bios setup in my computer. And also, there is a Wake on Lan option in the VMWare player bios setup. Now does this really...
jrdngreenberg3 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 10-11-2012 01:27 PM
Backdoor.Win32.Delf.oz.
Hey, I downloaded a word document and my anti virus detected Win32.Delf.oz and I am not sure if it got into my pc. Can you guys take a look at me logs? Thank you. . DDS (Ver_2011-06-23.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_24 Run by Family at 17:25:23...
MK47 Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-09-2011 05:31 PM