User Tag List

USB diagnostic?

This is a discussion on USB diagnostic? within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just got a new mouse. Now when I play games both my mouse and keyboard will disconnect. The keyboard

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just got a new mouse. Now when I play games both my mouse and keyboard will disconnect. The keyboard acts wonky when this happens. If were to type a k it came up as a "?" and hitting s would try to save things (like Ctrl+S). After quitting the game it usually stops.

Game: Dirty Bomb
Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma
Keyboard: Some old Targus

So here's what I'm thinking. It's probably the mouse conflicting, but I have no idea how to diagnose what the issue is.

Edit/Note:
I did go into devices and printers and tried to troubleshoot by right clicking the mouse and keyboard. Doing so resulted in a disconnecting and reconnecting sound and the trouble shooter coming up "The USB device might have stopped responding Fixed" on the mouse, but only the message for the keyboard. Still testing to see if it's actually fixed since it was happening at random times while playing the game
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 07:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

It happened again and still no idea why.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hi Raziel1988

Have you tried the mouse in different USB sockets/another PC? Otherwise, send the mouse under warranty as it's new, opening it would void the warranty.

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #4
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi,

Try this; USB Driver Reset and USB Ports Power State Reset

If it doesn't solve your problem, it will confirm that USB is working properly. Nothing to lose.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Old 03-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
Registered Member

Did this, now my computer doesn't identify my mouse as a razer and I can't do anything with synapse. Problem didn't go away.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:18 PM   #6

My System

As long as you're sure you followed the instructions exactly, I would agree with my colleague above, send it back if its under warranty.

Your profile says you're running Windows 7, is that correct?

Submit New Articles Here

Old 03-01-2016, 05:52 PM   #7
Registered Member

ah not anymore. Forgot to change that. I upgraded.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #8

My System

A lot of people I see here in the forum's having problems with device drivers for Windows 10.

Submit New Articles Here

Old 03-02-2016, 01:11 AM   #9
Registered Member

So far I hadn't had any problems. The wire on my old mouse came loose and I had to replace it, but that's something else all together. Guess I've been lucky.
Closed Thread

« Slysoft | VMware »