Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

Strange results from DNS Bency

This is a discussion on Strange results from DNS Bency within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. DNSBench was created by Gibson Research to allow computer users to identify the fastest domain name servers (DNS) for their

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

DNSBench was created by Gibson Research to allow computer users to identify the fastest domain name servers (DNS) for their computers. I've used it for many years. When one runs a DNS benchmark, it not only IDs the fastest servers, but also flags those that are unreliable. Typically, out of 50 DNS, I get 1, sometimes 2 unreliables in a run. Today. . . on both my hard-wired desktop and new wireless laptop, 2/3 of the servers were marked as unreliable. . . INCLUDING Comcast (my ISP's default server, which is always the fastest).

I can find no forum or tech support for DNS Bench on Gibson Research's site, so am asking members of this forum if they have ever encountered this and if so, why does it happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems port forwarding...
Hello! I'm having troubles port forwarding, I'm fairly sure I've tried everything possible, I've been at this for four months now. I've tried 209 times to port forward. I've called my ISP, disabled my windows firewall, made exceptions in my windows firewall... Disabled my Kaspersky Total Security...
CalebCabana Protocols and Routing 52 01-30-2017 04:27 PM
Connecting Samsung smart TV to internet
I recently bought samsung smart TV,so i am just connecting my internet to the TV(wired connection) when i am connecting it says unable to connect to internet please check your ip settings.But my internet is working fine and i can connect it to my laptop.The thing i have checked is my default...
chandu123 Networking Support 8 06-17-2013 09:27 AM
New Linksys Router Not Working
I just replaced my Belkin which I only bought a month ago because the lights wouldn't even come on at all anymore (I even switched outlets to make sure). Now my new Linksys will not work. Same connectivity issues. I am able to connect to my roommate's router just fine, which is how I'm able to post...
shambo9 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 18 02-25-2013 12:45 AM
[SOLVED] Brother Printer will not connect to wireless network
Hi - my printer was connected to my home wireless network just fine until recently. I decided to change my network SSID and Network Key to something more easily remembered and now my printer will not connect to the network. I keep getting error TS-05 that the SSID and/or password are not...
Gamul1 Printer Support 7 09-30-2012 12:09 PM
Internet is connected, browser will not load Windows Vista
So my girlfriend gave me her laptop with what I assumed would be an easy fix. She has an older HP Vista laptop that connects to the internet just fine (including downloading updates, connecting to messenger clients, etc.), but it will not connect to any of her browsers... I can't figure it out for...
waddlecaudle Networking Support 7 09-15-2012 06:49 PM