User Tag List

SMART Disk Utilities

This is a discussion on SMART Disk Utilities within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Passmark Disk Checkup PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility Seagate SeaTools SeaTools | Seagate Western Digital Data Lifeguard

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #1
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Passmark Disk Checkup

PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility

Seagate SeaTools

SeaTools | Seagate

Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics

https://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=613&sid=3&lang=en

General Info

S.M.A.R.T. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
Troubled

Hi! All HD manufactures have free software to test their HD's.
Here's just a few. Sea tools is my favorite!!
14 Free Hard Drive Testing Tools (Updated March 2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 03:42 AM   #3
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Speaking of hard drive manufacturers (we are talking about HDD here not SSD) there really are only three that are of any consequence: Western Digital, Seagate and Toshiba. Most of the other significant brands have been acquired and are now made by one of these big three.

Seagate -- Quantum, Maxtor, Samsung
Toshiba -- Fujitsu
Western Digital -- Hitachi, IBM

The reason Toshiba is not directly linked for a HDD test is that their test does not work for all models of their drives; therefore, owners of a Toshiba-made disk should use a generic HDD testing application.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AVG - dropper.generic5.QYA
My PC has been running sluggishly recently. AVG had detected multiple trojan horses, the latest detection (dropper.generic5.QYA is the only one I documented) came up with dozens of executables (all roughly 129kb if I recall correctly), and having cloned the names of some exe's that I use) that...
Se7eN Resolved HJT Threads 16 01-26-2012 06:20 PM
[SOLVED] recovery disk can not find disk letter
I had a virus which McAfee virus removal could not remove. I then tried to perform a complete computer recovery using the recovery disks I made when the computer was new. That did not work and I got an error message saying that the disk letter could not be found. I then used the erase function...
raylock Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 13 11-11-2011 06:25 PM
SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk 1: TOSHIBA MK5055GSX - (S2)
Hi Anyone Who Can Help, I've been getting this message everytime I start my laptop. My question is: Would reformatting the hard drive, reinstalling windows 7 etc, solve the problem or is replacing the hard drive the only option? Any suggestions, replies, help is greatly appreciated! ...
jljl Hard Drive Support 2 10-06-2011 09:16 AM
Windows 7 BSOD - Memory management
Been getting BSOD. Sometimes twice a night, sometimes none. This hass been for weeks. Sometimes I get stuck in a reboot loop, sometimes it wants to run Repair, sometimes it wants me to choose safe mode/no safe mode. Pulled out two 1GB sticks of old dell memory yesterday when it was stuck in a...
dj-anakin BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 02-21-2011 03:27 PM