User Tag List

Slim Drivers Free!

This is a discussion on Slim Drivers Free! within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi ! Always use your manufacture for driver up dates. Don't fix it if it ain't broken. If you don't

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
Troubled

Hi ! Always use your manufacture for driver up dates. Don't fix it if it ain't broken. If you don't have success finding drivers from the manufacture and you suspect a driver. Try this software. Do not up date drivers if your not having a problem and only if you have tried every thing else
I do not recommend 3rd party programs for drivers, but I have had great success with this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6S3-2hXxY
You can down load the software from this link. No PUP's or bundled unwanted programs!
Download SlimDrivers - MajorGeeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2015, 11:11 PM   #2
Troubled

Hi! I see no replies to this!! Times are changing my friends. This is a great little program. Windows just said I had a up date. Just for fun I checked Slim Drivers and It was giving me the same driver up date. I messed up and didn't take a screen shot of Slim drivers, but after the windows up date, Slim drivers shows no up dates. How cool is that?? Here's the driver windows up dated.
PS I know the best place for drivers is the manufacture, but would someone just check this software out and give it a up or down.
Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture48.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	227074  
Old 04-04-2015, 01:11 AM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

SlimDrivers has been around for a while and is one of the better driver updaters. Just be careful when installing (see quote below), and create a Restore Point before using it.
Quote:
Limitations:
This program is advertising supported and may offer to install third party programs that are not required for the program to run. These may include a toolbar, changing your homepage, default search engine or other third party programs. Please watch the installation carefully to opt out.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2015, 06:46 AM   #4
Troubled

Thanks koala! It seems like all freeware is bundling their software with PUP's. Good point about being careful. I have found that the best sites to down load freeware are filehippo and Major Geeks. There's a software you can down load to help avoiding those dang PUP's. It's called unchecky. Always choose the custom install also.
Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear
PS Slim drivers gives you the option to create a back up and you can always undo the up dated driver. I think Slim Driver has really improved.
Thanks for your reply!
Old 04-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I was impressed with Unchecky in the beginning but actually is batting 50% now for me with catching Java extras and not touching Adobe extras. The the other day I did a CdBunerXP install and it missed those checkmarks also. Maybe the bums have smartened up to what that little devil can do?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread