User Tag List

securty stops

This is a discussion on securty stops within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes i have amassed a huge

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

i don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes
i have amassed a huge number of disks over the past while so i was wondering if there is some way to remove the security aspect of the CDs so i can use the disks for storage each time i try to format it says they are security safe and cant be formatted i hate tossing them out when they could be used if i could just format them and erase all old data from whatever a company saved on the disk. please help if possible
best regard the old wizard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2016, 10:38 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

CD-R discs are designed to be permanent. (CD-R = Compact Disc, Read-only).
CD-RW discs can be re-written. (CD-RW = Compact Disc, Read/Write).

More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_disc
Old 08-30-2016, 11:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

again as usual quick and clear answers. thank you so much SpywareDr. you are the greatest
best regards the old wizard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

You're welcome theoldwizard, and thanks!
Old 08-30-2016, 12:15 PM   #5
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi Carl,

If there are no more questions, could you please mark your thread solved in Thread Tools at the top of the page?

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stops at RAM check and shuts off
Hey there, I seem to have a problem with my system. I think it is the BIOS but I don't really know. My computer is a 9 yr old system. I can't quite give you the specs yet but I can tell you what's been happening. I was just doing basic work such as some work and song editing and suddenly...
fifidefluffy Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 11-04-2013 05:58 PM
Laptop stops working
Whenever I try to do several tasks together my laptop stops working. For instance suppose I am trying to stream a Youtube video whilst playing a video from my hard disk. After some time (it can be 5, 10, 20, etc minutes) my laptop stops working. At first the screen turns black while for few seconds...
nafluid Laptop Support 1 01-20-2012 04:44 AM
System stops functioning right
Hello, I've been facing this problem for more than 2 weeks, while I'm regularly surfing the internet, it suddenly stops, browser stops loading, everything that works through internet stops, in addition to this, some other functions stop responding, for example when I want to use the...
Crimson.berry Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 10-01-2011 06:53 PM
Internet stops after 10 mins to an hour
My internet stops approx in 10 min fo start of pc to an hour at times. Am not able to connect to router too. I have a wireless router and the PC is connected with a wire. The internet is not at fault as I can use the router @ laptop. Was on windows 7 Ultimate and all was working finer till 2...
tny Networking Support 14 09-17-2011 10:02 PM
computer just stops responding
:sigh::sigh::sigh: hello im having this problem. i turn on my pc and it works fine. but when i turn on a game or after some time of using pc evrything just stops responding. win explorer just keeps crashing. if i reboot my pc it gets to starting windows screen and stops. hdd activity led keeps...
domiq BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 03-02-2011 01:43 PM