Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

Screen Sharing Applications (like Skype)

This is a discussion on Screen Sharing Applications (like Skype) within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Iím looking for an application that will allow me to share the video & audio playing on my computer (i.e.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 12:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Iím looking for an application that will allow me to share the video & audio playing on my computer (i.e. screen sharing).

Up until a few weeks ago, I successfully used the screen sharing application of SKYPE to accomplish this. In fact, I had been successfully using the screen sharing application of skype for many years. But, a few weeks ago, the audio of the videos I was watching stopped being transmitted through Skype. The video was still shared, but the audio no longer accompanies the video. In other words, you can see the video, but not hear it.

I cannot fix the problem. The professional I took the laptop to cannot fix the problem. The people at Skype cannot fix the problem. (The people at Skype know nothing, by the way.)

My computerís hard drive (for an unrelated issue) was replaced just last week. The audio portion of Skype screen sharing functionality stopped working before that hard drive was replaced. Replacing the hard drive did not fix the audio screen sharing problem.

Some people think the audio portion of the screen sharing application stopped working due to an upgrade in Windows 10. This doesnít sound right to me Ė I was using Windows 10 for many months before the problem arose Ė but what do I know.

I guess Iím giving up on using Skype, since I canít fix the problem, nor seemingly can anyone else.

Does anyone have a suggestion for another application that I can use to share both the video and audio I am watching/listening to on my computer with another computer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2016, 01:19 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to jimscreechy

Try TeamViewer,
Old 11-10-2016, 04:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimscreechy View Post
Try TeamViewer,
Thank you... will try now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

See this here:

How to install TeamViewer 11 in Windows 7, 8, and 10 - Tech Support Forum
Old 03-30-2017, 11:39 PM   #5
Registered Member

LiteManager can share the screen, capture Video or Audio (remote desktop access)
There is another one specific mode Demonstration, you can share your screen for several computers simultaneously in real time mode.
hope it help
Closed Thread