Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

Question about checking all types of diods

This is a discussion on Question about checking all types of diods within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, my main multimeter has a problems and now i am with one very basic - dt-838. I now

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 05:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there, my main multimeter has a problems and now i am with one very basic - dt-838. I now am checking diods and in one position it shows 1, in the other - shows some numbers. This is voltage i guess in mili. Am i right?
Should the value be beside voltage x and voltage y and what are they or if the multimeter is not beeping the diod is good. i hope my post to be easy to understand. English is not my native language.

Thanks and have a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 05:37 AM   #2
Registered Member

The diode should show high resistance in one direction and low resistance in the other direction.

If your multimeter has a diode setting, it should be infinate resistance in one direction and probably around .6 in the other direction.

On you multimeter, is that 1 followed by ---? That might be the way it reads high resistance. Then the numbers are probably a measurement in ohm that the meter can register.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

no. there is no ---.

i have desoldered some elements from computer psu and want to sort everything here - working and the other to go to recycle bin.

for example :
sr360 - 147 and in other direction only "1"
2a05 - "1" and "521"
one other - 530 and 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #4
Registered Member

OK - I found your meter on-line. It does have a diode check function. It's near the bottom of the dial, a bit to the right. It looks like an arrow pointing right and has a speaker symbol on it. Is this the function you're using to test the diodes?
Old 11-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Manual which should help https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1932884.pdf

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread