User Tag List

Old Firefox Data

This is a discussion on Old Firefox Data within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. A couple of months ago I refreshed Firefox (clicking on the popup button) for faster browsing (which didn't help). It

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 05:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

A couple of months ago I refreshed Firefox (clicking on the popup button) for faster browsing (which didn't help). It automatically created a folder 'Old Firefox Data' on the desktop. I presume this data is superfluous. Will it be okay to delete it to reduce junk files?

Since the refresh, Firefox performance has really become rotten .. cannot think of any logical reason why. But it's all the time getting hung. I've had to give it up altogether and browse on Chrome instead, which is far better. Will it help if I uninstall and reinstall Mozilla?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2017, 05:11 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

If you have your bookmarks PWs etc. then you can delete Old Firefox Data. Reinstalling is something you should definitely try. Go here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?scene=2

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:18 AM   #3
Registered Member

Okay .... is it necessary to first uninstall the existing version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2017, 07:46 AM   #4
Registered Member

I uninstalled / reinstalled Mozilla. While downloading something sneaked in, what looks to be another software, "Mozilla Maintenance Service." I have no idea what this is. Should I remove it?
Old 06-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

It let's updates happen automatically in the background. It is a legit Mozilla service.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
Registered Member

O, I see. Then I'll let it be. Thanks Corday.
Closed Thread