Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

Non Recognition of Quicken

This is a discussion on Non Recognition of Quicken within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear All, I have been using Quicken A/Cs for the past 20 years on various MS platforms and suddenly I

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Dear All,

I have been using Quicken A/Cs for the past 20 years on various MS platforms and suddenly I am getting this security message:

User Account Control
Do you want the follwing program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?

Program Name: qw.exe
Publisher: Unknown
File Origin: Hard Disc Drive on this computer
Program Location: "C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Quicken\qw.exeCan anyone help?
Many Thanks
Herefordian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

If you recently started running in Admin. mode, that would do it. You can always disable UAC, but I recommend not to.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Corday, Thankyou. I have not been running in Admin. mode. I am lothe to disable UAC. Any other advice. Would uninstalling and then reinstalling work?

Herefordian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

The qw.exe is the correct launcher for Quicken. I see no reason to worry. It is a 32 bit program on a 64 bit platform but that's not an issue. The don't ask for this program option (UAC) seems to only work sometimes. Keep your security up to date and run scans as needed.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thankyou Corday for the assurance. I will press on.
Closed Thread