Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

Mouse will click but not move

This is a discussion on Mouse will click but not move within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Mouse : zowie fk1 - 1 year old OS : windows 10 Powered off my computer today for like 1

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

Mouse: zowie fk1 - 1 year old

Powered off my computer today for like 1 hour. Turned it back on and my mouse cursor will not move at all, but my click buttons work. I've confirmed that the mouse works properly on 2 other machines.

what ive tried so far:
restarting (about 10 times).
tried every USB port multiple times.
changed the polling rate.
changed the DPI.
changed the LOD settings.
uninstalled mouse driver then restarted.
uninstalled HID-compliant mouse and restarted.
uninstalled 'HID-compliant consumer control device' and restarted.

If there's any missing information that would help the diagnosis please let me know. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2017, 05:41 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Boot into Safe Mode and test.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:48 AM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

That's a bit strange that the mouse doesn't work on your computer all of a sudden. May I ask, what was the last thing you did on your computer before you powered it off? And to confirm, this is a WIRED mouse correct?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017, 11:38 PM   #4
Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with my Razer mouse. I replaced my naga epic with a naga epic chroma the first time, then had them replace my chroma after a log of hassle with them failing to diagnose the problem, and now again I have the problem.

I'd like to refer you to another thread ( Link here) with the same topic and you can try some of the solutions there while you are waiting. Hope you have better luck than me.
Closed Thread