Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

How to configure SpeedFan completely?

This is a discussion on How to configure SpeedFan completely? within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi to all, I need some help with configuring SpeedFan! I have been facing some problems with the overheating of

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 01:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi to all,
I need some help with configuring SpeedFan!
I have been facing some problems with the overheating of my Dell Inspiron 3537 laptop,generally the problems are caused by the inapropriate work of the fans.
So I think that SpeedFan is the right solution for my problem,but I don't know how to configure it!
I don't know how to configure the following settings:
1.The CPU of my laptop is Intel i7-4500u,but I don't know which is its normal operating temperature,so I could not set the desired temperature for the CPU!
2.My laptop is equipped with two graphics cards: Intel HD 4400 and AMD Radeon 8850M,but I don't know which are theirs' normal operating temperatures,so I could not set the desired temperatures for them!
3.I don't know how to design the temperature curves: I don't know which are the best values for the X- and the Y- axes!I tried to experiment with the values,but I really can't set the right values!
4.I don't know how to set the hysteresis right value!What is better,higher or lower value?
5.What is the difference between MAX of speeds and SUM of speeds,and which one is better?
6.I don't know how to configure the settings,which I attached to this post:Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.png
Views:	63
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	288281
So please tell me how to configure all of these settings!
I would be very grateful!
Thanks to all in advance!
advance!
Best regards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016, 07:33 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

I've not used Speedfan in years, but cpu fan control is typically controlled by software supplied by Dell.

For example: Dell Inspiron Inspiron/Latitude/Precision fan control

and YouTube: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9ca7FdOIW93omA

Old 07-27-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Same here not used in an age, it was never that good on laptops if memory serves.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

And if the Dell software is installed and running (even incorrectly), then the two will conflict with each other.

Closed Thread