User Tag List

Hot CPU Tester!

This is a discussion on Hot CPU Tester! within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. There are a lot of fee programs to test hardware, but are there any freeware to test your CPU. Here's

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnthePilot
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
Troubled

There are a lot of fee programs to test hardware, but are there any freeware to test your CPU. Here's a PUP free down load link. I tried it and passed.
7Byte : Hot CPU Tester Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2015, 03:23 AM   #2
Manager, TSF Articles

OS: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 build 14361, Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

My System

The one I use is Heavyload from Jam software.
vanukuru.vinod likes this.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Old 03-25-2015, 08:02 AM   #3
Troubled

That one looks better than Hot CPU Tester. I'll check it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Like in any stress testing programs, keep a close watch on your system Temp as it can rise sharply. If so pull out.
The CPU chip gives less problems than any other hardware installed.
You would know if your CPU was failing without some program to tell you.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
Manager, TSF Articles

OS: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 build 14361, Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

My System

I ran Heavyload on my new machine for just over an hour. All eight cores were at 100% and 3D rendering was on to stress the graphics card. I managed to push the temperature up to 36C within minutes and it stayed there for the rest of the test.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnthePilot
The one I use is Heavyload from Jam software.
That looks GOOD but is it OK to put your computer under MAX STRESS for very long??

The other day I went to BIOS and when I checked the current CPU temp it said 150 and that was under reg usage! (I dont know how high it goes before she reboots)
Old 08-09-2017, 09:01 PM   #7
An Awesome Dude

Ah man I cant edit my reply!!

I ran it for about 5 mins... Computer started bogging down a little so I CTRL-ALT-DEL out of it.....

An interesting program!!
Old 08-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #8
Manager, TSF Articles

My System

I assume you are talking degrees Fahrenheit as 150C would fry your CPU. You should be OK up to about 180F but if you are getting this high I suggest you have a look to see if your machine is clogged up with dust. Also, it would be worth replacing the paste on your CPU heatsink.

Old 08-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #9
An Awesome Dude

Yers thank you..... Thankfully it is not 150C!!!
Closed Thread