Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

HDD Diagnostic Utilities

This is a discussion on HDD Diagnostic Utilities within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HDD Diagnostics Hitachi. Customer Support | HGST Storage Seagate. SeaTools | Seagate Western Digital. WD Support / Downloads / Select

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

HDD Diagnostics
Hitachi. Customer Support | HGST Storage
Seagate. SeaTools | Seagate
Western Digital. WD Support / Downloads / Select Product
Others 14 Free Hard Drive Testing Tools (Updated March 2015)
The last link has other software to test HDD's, I don't use them and stick with those from the first three, and more heavily on Seatools.
As always when downloading software from other than the manufacturer check for other software that could be installed and uncheck it if you do not wish to install.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2015, 03:08 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Linux, Windows 7 Pro. Work systems - W2K, XP, Win7, RHEL, Solaris.

My System

WD no longer has the .iso version of DLG, they have made the move to creating a bootable USB. WD sure wasn't thinking about the older systems that don't boot from USB.

CompTIA - A+, Security+
"There are two types of hard drives. A drive that has failed, and one that will.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Can i test IDE HDD with this software, It was collecting dust in my friend store room and he gave me to test and recover data from it but it seems slow to me.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 1.5 TB Ext Seagate HDD crashed and data is very imp due to some Medical reasons
HI All, Sorry for troubling everyone here who are relaxed! I am in huge trouble, My 1.5 TB External Seagate HDD crashed. I logged onto my comp and found my hdd which was connected in afternoon was not showing up. Then saw that the HDD was showing up as Mass Storage, but not letting me to...
solvent20 Hard Drive Support 6 07-23-2014 07:01 AM
New HDD wont work in new build, but works in old PC
Hello! I am new to these forums and need a little help... So I recently purchased an entirely new bunch of hardware for a new build. They comprise of: Asus H81M-PLUS Motherboard (Socket 1150, Intel H81, DDR3, S-ATA 600, Micro ATX, PCI Express 2.0, HDMI, USB 3.0) Intel Core...
Wizadora87 Hard Drive Support 4 05-13-2014 08:01 PM
Code 22 and 500GB WD external HDD
Code 22 and External Hard Drive issues Hey guys, I bought the 500GB WD external HDD a couple of YEARS ago and it has been working like a charm. Today, however, it seemed to have stopped working. I believe it is more of a software issue than a hardware one because the HDD boots up when...
Sholaremu Hard Drive Support 1 02-05-2013 02:17 AM
Trying to install upgrade verson of WinXP on Fresh HDD
I'm trying to replace a 4gig HDD that has Win98 on it with a fresh 40gig HDD. I want to install my upgrade version of WinXP on the new 40gig HDD. Of course when I tried to install the upgrade version of WinXP on the freshly formatted HDD, the WinXP install said it could not install WinXP because...
AceMcHammer Windows XP Support 2 06-21-2011 08:44 AM
cant access info on external hdd
Hi, i have an external hdd which i use for my xbox 360 and is in FAT32. it is 1tb and the brand is iomega. so yesterday, i plugged it into my 360 and it didnt recognize the hdd. after several attempts i plugged my hdd into my pc to see if it was ok. the pop up- didnt appear so i looked in my...
khornedaemon Hard Drive Support 5 02-17-2011 10:08 AM