Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

File Sync Utility For Multiple Drives?

This is a discussion on File Sync Utility For Multiple Drives? within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Backups are fine in their own right, but can only be used for a Restore. They tend to be compressed

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Backups are fine in their own right, but can only be used for a Restore. They tend to be compressed and unreadable.

I don't have the cash or know-how to set up a full NAS with RAID and from what I understand, that may not do what I want anyways.

I want files saved on multiple drives in a way that any file on any drive is accessible via normal means (drag and drop, etc.). So far, I've just been copying files as I have time manually or in batches. That leaves them scattered and I never know which files are missing from where or if I copied them all but with different revision dates. Can be a real pain with a few thousand MP3 files for example.

I'm looking for something that will automate that process without overwriting or deleting anything. It can make copies if need be, place them in a separate folder and advise me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Have you checked the free software available Best free backup software: 11 programs we recommend | TechRadar

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hi Confounded Also

I haven't personally tried this one but it might do what you're wanting - Link

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue Screens on Boot
Hey guys... I've been trying unsuccessfully to solve some BSODs that have been showing up on a 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium Dell Inspiron 1545 here. It can boot up in safe mode, but in normal mode it gets to the desktop briefly and then immediately blue screens and restarts. I used...
niko381 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 11 06-17-2015 08:08 PM
[SOLVED] Computer keeps on deadlock
Hi, my first time here and i can really use the help for this problem. So when i run my computer on normal mode after 20-30 min when i do something or just leave it on my entire screen freezes and can't move mouse or keyboard does not work. Caps Lock and Num lock don't turn on when i pressed it....
ken878 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 05-10-2015 03:52 AM
Internet works but internet browsers won't open...
My internet browsers and internet browsing related software (such as updaters and uninstallers and installers) just won't open... I only have two internet browsers Firefox(Mostly used) and Google Chrome. Everytime I try to open it, the cursor will turn into the "Working in desktop" cursor...
ZenNaari Networking Support 10 12-28-2012 02:39 AM
PC running slower and slower
Hi,I need you guys to help me out...my computer has been running slower and slower over the past few weeks and i cannot figure out why. I have tried to follow the instructions of the sticky to the best of my ability . I ran avira antivirus and some hits came up but i am not sure if they are false...
ComputerNubCake Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 4 06-10-2012 06:35 AM
Random/rare STOP0x1E
Been fighting against this one for a while now and couldn't figure out the cause, especially since the crashes come and go and are very rare... anyway, here is the data: OS - Windows 7 x64 SP1 OEM (MSDNAA version) Age of system: one and a half years Age of OS installation: a month ...
Soukyuu BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 09-26-2011 11:16 AM