Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

Cost for Small Business IT Assessment?

This is a discussion on Cost for Small Business IT Assessment? within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What is the cost for a small business technology assessment? How long should it take? It is a non-profit health

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

What is the cost for a small business technology assessment? How long should it take? It is a non-profit health center with about 97 employees. Server and network issues frequently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to jimscreechy

Well, the assessment should be free, the costs come with implementing the proposals of the assessment.

Not sure if that's what your asking but most firms/contractors will do a free assessment with a view to taking on the work required.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:19 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you. Yes, this answers my question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

The opposite approach is to pay the consultant, assuming you've found a really competent one, then taking their recommendations to form a RFP (request for proposal). Essentially the hardware/software contractors would be bidding on the specs and list what they would offer in addition i.e. warrant on labor or some sort of extended service either by phone, remote or in person.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #5
Registered Member

Good strategy. Thank you for your feedback.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:57 AM   #6
Registered Member

OS: windows server 20008, parrot OS, Sans sift, Remnux, Osx 10.6, windows 2012 server

I Myself run a cyber security research company but we do offer a service for networking, PC revival and optimisation we would usually visit a site first and work out what needs to be done, document our findings and then work out a cost based on what needs to be done, how long it is going to take and then how many staff would be required to do the job to a high standard with minimal interruption. The initial consultation is of course free.
Closed Thread