Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

Black color makes my screen make a humming sound

This is a discussion on Black color makes my screen make a humming sound within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I use Philips 274E screen and it makes a humming kind of sound whenever there is a lot of black

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I use Philips 274E screen and it makes a humming kind of sound whenever there is a lot of black on the screen. Any other color is good but black makes the sound. The sound is coming from the screen itself. Any ideas?

EDIT: Windows 10 & my sisters computer, so i can give the Speccy info if needed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

How old is the display? Is it under warranty?

If it's black that is causing this, you may be hearing some humming by the decrease in power of the backlight.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
How old is the display? Is it under warranty?

If it's black that is causing this, you may be hearing some humming by the decrease in power of the backlight.
Its 3 year old, i might be able to get it on warranty. But is there nothing i can do first to fix it? :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

I doubt you could fix it without knowledge of PC monitors and electronics.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

I have quite same problem, but my monitor is from 227E series. And for me too much bright white causes the sound, otherwise it's all good
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting
The procedure below is to be carried out once you have addressed any Software, Driver, Malware/Virus or Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issues or if your laptop does not power on at all. If previous BSOD issues had occured then carry out the following in this link - BSOD Posting Instructions. There...
night_shift Laptop Support 1 10-22-2014 03:52 PM
Sony Vaio wont boot just black blank screen (but on)
Problems started a couple weeks ago, but unrelated to booting. First off, the laptop started to freeze when I would use the internet and be on websites that uses a lot of Flash, specifically websites like CNN, which has many videos. This would occur EVERY time. After a while I figured it might...
dremaniac Laptop Support 1 08-14-2013 11:36 AM
[LCD TV] Vizio VA26LHDTV10T Black Screen w/ Power and Sound
So I was using my TV as a monitor/TV for the longest time and suddenly the image just goes dead while I'm on the PC input. I switch over to the TV input and can hear sound and switch channels, but there is no picture. After searching around, I'm reading things about the backlight being burnt...
Ryutso Electronics 1 06-30-2011 10:11 AM
Black Screen After Windows Loading and Reset Buttons Stops Working
Here is My Problem: No Beeps or any Sound (I don't know my internal speaker working or not, It should be working as i have rarely got any problems, but this problem is huge). Usually i'm able to troubleshoot my problems but this one showing No Sign of errors or warnings like beeps or bod!!! ...
crashnburn Other Hardware Support 1 06-26-2011 11:28 PM
I got a problem when i start some games....black screen appears! with sound
okkk when i run a game....black screen appears..bt i can hear all sounds clearly....and i can also click on button if i move the mouse.... i used to play SPLIT SECOND on the same system..bt now the same game is having this problem... its not just with huge games.... i also had this with an...
headhunter007 PC Gaming Support 4 03-13-2011 11:59 AM