Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software

User Tag List

Are there typical problem fixes in LCD monitors ?

This is a discussion on Are there typical problem fixes in LCD monitors ? within the Diagnostics, Utilities and Other Software forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. A college of mine told me that 95% of monitors going okey when a man replaces all of electrolyte capacitors?

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

A college of mine told me that 95% of monitors going okey when a man replaces all of electrolyte capacitors? How much do you think that`s true?

If i begin to check element by element is there a way to skip checking of all the elements? For example "at first you have to check all the transistors on the boards" or other?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

I don't know, but if I was sure the problem was hardware within the monitor, I'd just replace it.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:34 AM   #3
Registered Member

but i want to repair;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2015, 06:39 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

See this: 3 Ways to Repair LCD Monitors - wikiHow.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:42 AM   #5
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

If you see no obvious damage, then you will either have to guess and start swapping parts, or use schematics and actual test equipment. Anyone will a little tech skill can swap parts, the most you lose is some money if you guess wrong. Beyond that, you need (or should have) training.

As noted above, I replace not repair. It's not a skill issue for me. It's a matter of cost. Even when parts are what some people consider "cheap" (ie: $25-75), that's up to at least 1/2 the cost of a new monitor. In most cases, that's even a an upgrade (ie: larger, better quality, and has a warranty). And that's not including the cost of my time.

Closed Thread