User Tag List

Yahoo e-mail

This is a discussion on Yahoo e-mail within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just about two weeks ago, I was unable to log into my yahoo e-mail. Kept getting a msg saying my

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Just about two weeks ago, I was unable to log into my yahoo e-mail. Kept getting a msg saying my password was wrong, or can't log in now, try later. Same thing keeps happening when I try to log in. I know password is right, because I wrote it down. Got in touch with yahoo support about this, they responded they would help if I answered some questions. Answered the questions to the best of my ability, but no response from yahoo. I sent them another "help msg" a few days ago. Guess what? No response. Here's something else, I had gotten an e-mail the day before from someone who said they were taking over my account if I didn't send X amount of bitcoin to them. I suspect that person may have screwed me up. Fortunately, I didn't have any financial or personal info on the yahoo account.

Anyone have any suggestions on the next move? Using Firefox with yahoo as homepage. Have ran AVG, Super anti-spyware, Malwarebytes, and CCleaner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Suggestion: Use Outlook.com or Gmail instead.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

The Ransomwear threat is a fake. Since you set up your Yahoo Account, try hard to remeber the answers to the security questions when asked. Most of Yahoo was getting the DNS at the same time as you were. You might have done something to affect the PW when trying to break through.
See this: https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...n-1237396.html for same situation with AOL.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Glad to know the ransomware threat was a fake. Yahoo didn't ask the security questions, as I know the answers to those. The one that gave me a problem was "who did you send msgs to the last month. Name three or four and give the "exact subject matter" title. Who can remember that? I don't usually use yahoo to send e-mail, so I probably didn't send any msgs. It's generally used to receive e-mail from places I order stuff from, such as meds from Walmart. I don't understand why they won't answer and say "yes, here's what else you need to do", or "no, we can't help you".
Old 08-11-2019, 07:52 AM   #5
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

I often intentionally use a wrong answer to make sure I am on really on the site I intended to be on. If it accepts or ignores the fake answer, I'm gone.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

I have wondered if that was really yahoo I was communicating with.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:32 AM   #7
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

https://www.lifewire.com/contact-yah...upport-1174475

Make sure you read al the way down to the WARNING.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #8
Registered Member

I've seen that on occasion. I delete all cookies, then close and restart Firefox, and it always works.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:54 AM   #9
Registered Member

Have you tried opening a clean web browser and going directly to yahoo and doing a password change? That should get you back into your account and without going through a link it should be yahoo.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #10
TSF Enthusiast

I've tried all the suggestions, and nothing has worked. Now, I get a msg that says something like "Uh oh, we can't help you now, please try again later". When I try later, I get the same msg.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:30 PM   #11
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Start over and answer the security questions here: https://login.yahoo.com/account/chal...sionIndex=QQ--

Closed Thread