Tech Support Forum banner

Thunderbird e-mail issue

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Stancestans 
#1 ·
Not really an OS question but alternative e-mail... I have used Tbird for years on my Comcast email using the imap protocol... but lately it is always "not responding" after I try to delete or move an e-mail. Driving mew CRAZY. What is going on and is there an easy fix??

#4 ·
Not sure about the port and no I haven't changed my password. I mean it works... it's just that I have to wait for whatever is going on in background to eventually complete then I can manage the e-mails again. until the next time, which is often only a click or 2 away.

#5 ·
Make sure Tbird is up to date. Take a look at the Task manager to as you say, see what's going on. Also run TBird in Safe mode to see if add-ons are the problem. RUN>thunderbird -safe-mode

#7 ·
To add to Corday's advice, if restarting Tbird in safe mode doesn't work, try it in Windows safe mode with networking (wifi may not work, but ethernet will). If it works right in Windows safe mode, then your antivirus program could be interfering with Tbird in Windows normal mode. Nonetheless, you should add your Tbird profile folder to your antivirus program's exclusion list. Real-time scanning of Thunderbird's profile folder is completely unnecessary, and can cause more harm than good if the AV product keeps interfering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.