Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Email

User Tag List

Thunderbird "connection lost" problem

This is a discussion on Thunderbird "connection lost" problem within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I try to send an email in Thunderbird, in Win 10, I get a message saying "The message could

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

When I try to send an email in Thunderbird, in Win 10, I get a message saying "The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.verizon.net was lost in the middle of the transaction."

This happened "suddenly"--a few hours earlier, I was able to send messages. I made no changes to the email setup, but I think I recall Tbird doing a "Compact Folders" operation.

The problem does not lie in my settings, because another computer attached to the same router and same ISP has no problem sending emails.

I tried compacting folders again, but I still get the same message. And re-booting my computer does not solve the problem either.

Anyone have any experience with this, or any thoughts on solving the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Make outgoing port #465 if it's not that already. Also, please change the Operating System here at TSF in your USER CP. We need this to help with problems.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #3
Registered Member

Outgoing Server settings are already at port 465, and smtp.verizon.net (Verizon is still part of my email address). This has not been changed in years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Temporarily disable your Security (A/V, Firewall) and resend. If this works, we can solve the problem.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
...exe has encountered a problem and needs to close
Yes, I know, I should just probably just give up on this old XP computer. But for several reasons (listed in post scriptbelow*) I need to run XP Pro SP3. Despite working on this problem for a week (including google searches and a complete rebuild of the system) I still receive "....exe has...
DellAnderson Windows XP Support 12 02-27-2015 12:43 PM
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe
BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Hi all, I have been getting BSOD every once in a while and after starting laptop. HP pavilion dv6 Notebook pc Home premium Windows 7 amd phenom(tm) II p960 quad -core processor 1.80 ghz 6.00 gb (5.74 gb usable) 64 bit.
immigranta BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 8 12-14-2012 08:42 AM
Toshiba Blue Screens and Freezes
Hello, I've been getting BSODs and constant freezes for a while now. They started happening right after my laptop was forcibly turned off by a dead battery. ∑ OS - Windows 7 ∑ 64-bit ∑ Windows 7 ∑ OEM version (came pre-installed on system) ∑ Age of system (hardware) 2 years (2010) ∑ Age of...
Orbacedo BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 11-14-2012 06:06 PM
Weird Monitor Problem
Hello Ladies and Gents, First time posting here as i can usually troubleshoot an issue and solve it on my own or find the same problem somewhere on the net. However, I have run into an issue that I cannot figure out, nor can I find someone who had a similar issue. I am working on a system...
Slylok Video Card Support 3 12-09-2011 04:36 PM
Thunderbird Problem
I recently moved up from an XP to a Windows 7 computer. I installed Thunderbird on the new one. I loved using it on the XP computer. My problem on the new Windows 7 computer is that after deleting a few (5 or 6) emails, no more will delete. Sometimes an error message will appear. Something...
ambernhardt Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 3 11-11-2011 06:21 AM