User Tag List

Gmail Spam ?

This is a discussion on Gmail Spam ? within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. 1 I use Gmail If have a newsletter which comes to me every day and I put in spam or

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

1 I use Gmail If have a newsletter which comes to me every day and I put in spam or spam and unscribe it will stop go to spam next time it comes in ?

2 If I mark the same newsletter not spam will it come in my inbox again every day ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

In general, if you mark an item as Spam, all future items that match that profile from that sender will go to the Spam folder. That does not Unsubscribe from the sender's mailing list.

In general, marking an item in the Spam folder as 'not Spam' should make future items appear in the Inbox again.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Confounded Alsoun-marking it a spam should have the same effect yes if it is spam and unsubscribes should go back in inbox ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

When you mark something as SPAM, that creates a rule in the email program which simply moves all future items from that send to the SPAM folder.

If you unmark an item as SPAM, then the rule is removed and those emails will again go to the inbox.

UNSUBSCRIBE is totally different. That is generally an email response to the source or a link to a website where you can unsubscribe. This is a request to have your email removed from their mailing list. If you don't know the source/website of the email, do NOT unsubscribe. Assuming the email is truly SPAM, then trying to unsubscribe will simply confirm your email address as valid.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

JimE

I did UNSUBSCRIBE I want to ReUNSUBSCRIBE to variety. Newsletter can I how do I do it ?
Old 08-24-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Go back to the site which offered it.

As I noted above, when you UNSUBSCRIBE, you are sending an email or replying on a website telling the site/company to REMOVE your email address from their list. If you want subscribe to their email again, go back to their website and signup. You can't do it from email.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

JimE; Said Go back to the site which offered it.you I went back to their website and signup. subscribe I never got the Newsletters what next
Old 08-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #8
Moderator - Hardware

My System

That's all that you can do.

When you signup, you are putting your email address on their mailing list. The next time that they send a newsletter, you should get it. You won't necessarily get a newsletter as soon as you signup.

Closed Thread