Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Email

User Tag List

Email Links (Such as Firefox's) Opening MS Mail Since July Win 10 Upgrade

This is a discussion on Email Links (Such as Firefox's) Opening MS Mail Since July Win 10 Upgrade within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Since the July 2018 Windows 10 upgrade, my laptop email links (those outside of Outlook) have been opening up Microsoft

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tristar
  • 1 Post By tristar
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Since the July 2018 Windows 10 upgrade, my laptop email links (those outside of Outlook) have been opening up Microsoft Mail. An example is the mail link that comes with Firefox. Previously, Outlook opened. Now Mail does. And just now I clicked on a university site's email link and got the same. I greatly prefer Outlook to open. How can I restore that?

I have a Lenovo ideapad 300 with Windows 10 Home (64 bit), with Office Home & Business Premium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Click Start-- type 'Default Programs' -- Click the App, under the Mail client, change it to Outlook, close all Apps restart the computer, try again...
InfoHungry likes this.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:16 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, tristar. Outlook now opens. I did not even have to close Firefox or restart my PC.

Where is the prefix to mark this as solved?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Go to Thread Tools at the top and click the dropdown and you should be able to choose the Mark thread as solved option..
InfoHungry likes this.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASUS TP550LA - Screen flickering when on battery after Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade
Hello, Thank you in advance for any ideas you can throw my way. I've been scouring Google in my spare time for a couple weeks without any success. I bought an ASUS TP550LA last year for my girlfriend to use for school. It came with Windows 8 home basic (64-bit) and worked properly using...
Dubz Driver Support 8 01-03-2016 11:11 AM
Windows Live Mail no longer working after W10 Upgrade
Hi All - I am a bit desperate, having done a forced upgrade to W10 from W7 on Friday (three days ago). After the upgrade, I can no longer get in to Windows Live Mail 2011. It worked fine for years on W7 prior to the upgrade on Friday. I had to do the upgrade, since Windows told me W10 would be...
scatr Email 8 12-09-2015 02:18 PM
restoring windows mail email to my upgraded win 7
Hay folks, I have a problem. ....... I upgraded to win 7 from vista. Now I supposedly have my files in win.old. how someever I am not able to retrieve it. I must not be doing it right. I am hoping it has all my old contacts in there. I need them. ....... After I get them I want to upgrade it to...
Direct Current Email 1 09-06-2014 11:14 AM
Opening links embedded in email
All of a sudden I cannot click on links of any kind that are send to me in email. It goes to IE and then just sits there with a blank page with the word connecting at the top but it never does. I can cut and paste URLs and that's fine but no clicking on any link. Any thoughts? Thanks Brookwood
Brookwood Windows XP Support 4 08-16-2011 07:19 AM
Opening mail links in Firefox is not permanent
I know how one can open web links in Firefox instead of IE. https://www.slipstick.com/problems/firefox.htm For some reason this is not permanent, however, but changes back to IE after some random time. I'm not sure, does it change back always after computer restart or at other times, I've...
Guy78 Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 1 01-06-2011 11:06 AM