Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Email

User Tag List

Em email client folders puzzle.

This is a discussion on Em email client folders puzzle. within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am using eM client, and all of my incoming emails go to 'myemail address.com'. This is where my 'Sent',

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am using eM client, and all of my incoming emails go to 'myemail address.com'. This is where my 'Sent', 'Trash' etc, folders are.
However, a couple of days ago, I clicked on my 'Local Folder', and my son's emails were there, and I cannot understand why!
They are the only ones that go to that folder, and as stated, ALL of my incoming emails normally go to 'myemailaddress.com'.
I have tried to understand the very many options under 'Rules', but find them confusing. All I want is for ALL of my emails to go to my own Inbox, not the 'Local Folder'.
I hope I have explained this enough for fellow Forum members to understand, and if anyone has had a similar experience, and found a solution, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

I've not used that email client, but by default, all email should be going to the same folder(s). If particular emails are not, then as you already noted, it's likely because there is a rule in place routing those emails to a different location.

I don't know if it applies to eM, but with outlook, you can simply right click on an email to get to the rules options (ie: create a new rule, manage rules, etc.). From the "manage rules" section, you can see all of the rules being used. In your case, I would expect there to be nothing listed.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Also, as this is not network related, moving to the email board.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

JimE:
Many thanks for your reply,.
Closed Thread