Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Email

User Tag List

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is a discussion on Delivery Status Notification (Failure) within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I keep getting the following in my gmail account and don't know what it means or how to stop

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tristar
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hello,

I keep getting the following in my gmail account and don't know what it means or how to stop getting it. I don't know where it is from.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-26 15_45_53-Window.png
Views:	25
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	320936

At the bottom of the email is this attachment. I don't know if knowing this is helpful.

Name:  2018-07-26 15_50_31-Window.png
Views: 63
Size:  3.6 KB

I have the option to save the above attachment to Google drive or to download it.

Would someone please tell me how to stop getting this email and where it is from.

One other question is I used Greenshot for the screenshots that I attached and Greenshot editor to blur my email address. This was my first time doing a blur on a screenshot. Please tell me how do I blur without a box around the text showing?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

If you don't know who it's from.... DON"T OPEN IT!!!!!!

Just delete it.

Blur came out fine...nicely done.

As for the error; it might be a limit size on the attachment....or not. I would put in a support ticket with Google Gmail and see what they have to say/offer.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

I have posted in the Google gmail help forum.

I will wait to see what they say.

If anyone is this forum knows why I get this email please let me know.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2018, 12:33 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

This is a SMTP spam filter message, which could be due to the fact that the header is over a 1000 characters, if you're doing some kind of bulk mailing (or have too many email addresses in to/cc/bcc, then the recipient server is filtering it.
bassfisher6522 likes this.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

I have an email account in gmail and also an email account on gmx.com
I am not sending any emails.
I do have email forwarding from my gmail account to my gmx account. Maybe one of the emails getting forwarded is the issue. If so how do I find out which email is trying to get forwarded?

One other thing that may or may not be useful is I use https://burnermail.iohttps://burnermail.iohttps://burnermail.io which makes long burner email addresses. I use burner email address if/when I subscribe to website newsletters.

If either of the above is what is causing the failed delivery email how do I fix it?

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:50 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Again, if the email header has over 1000 characters, it's filtered by the SPAM filter.

You might have to look at the outbox to see which email triggered that message, look through the header, of the email, are there too many characters ?

Closed Thread