Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Email

User Tag List

delete emails in thunderbird

This is a discussion on delete emails in thunderbird within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I would like to know how to delete individual emails and also all emails in mozilla thunderbird on my pc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 01:02 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I would like to know how to delete individual emails and also all emails in mozilla thunderbird on my pc. I can already do it on my phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony007 View Post
I would like to know how to delete individual emails and also all emails in mozilla thunderbird on my pc. I can already do it on my phone.
When you click on the e-mail, a box should open with delete in it. To delete all e-mails, select from the edit menu, "select all" and then click the delete button in the upper left hand corner of the mail toolbar. You can also delete by selecting the message and clicking delete in the mail toolbar. If you do not see the mail toolbar, go to "view" in the menu bar and click on toolbars and check "mail toolbar".
Old 10-29-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

There are two choices depending on where you are. If you open an Email and wish to delete it, there are actually two buttons unless you've hidden a toolbar. Then only one. When you delete it, it doesn't go away. It goes to a Delete file shown on the left of your screen. A second Delete, does the job permanently. If you don't see the Delete, you've messed with the UI.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2017, 12:54 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Ok i've found out how to delete single emails but I cannot find an edit button or a view button on my emails on my pc. But on my phone I use the edit button to delete. Where are these buttons on my pc?
Old 11-07-2017, 12:56 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Sorry for the delay in replying I have been involved in something else which took up all my time.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:47 AM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

You have a few Toolbar options In Tbird. look at the other options also, so you can customize your UI. Using CCleaner changes your settings, so don't.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony007 View Post
Ok i've found out how to delete single emails but I cannot find an edit button or a view button on my emails on my pc. But on my phone I use the edit button to delete. Where are these buttons on my pc?
Right click at the top of the Thunderbird and you should find "menu bar", click that and it will show a complete menu, file, edit, view, etc.
Closed Thread