Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Email

User Tag List

Cannot Register New Account at Rediff.com

This is a discussion on Cannot Register New Account at Rediff.com within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I wanted a free web email account that wasn't drowning in an ocean of ads, weather forecasts, celebrity gossip, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

I wanted a free web email account that wasn't drowning in an ocean of ads, weather forecasts,
celebrity gossip, etc. I found a very useful list of lesser-known email services.

Free Email Address Directory : Guide to free email and other services

Rediffmail seemed like the best choice on the list. I've been attempting to register for two
days. As you can see by the attached image, something is wrong. Maybe the Rediff servers
are constantly overloaded. Just a guess, I really don't know.

https://mail.rediff.com/registernewmail.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cannot register.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	322926  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

I, for one, can confirm that the first five attempts at signing up were unsuccessful for some reason unknown! The first three attempts using one of my mobile numbers were unsuccessful, until the provided number reached the limit of verification SMSes that could be sent, requiring me to wait for at least 24 hours before trying again! The next two attempts at signing up used a different phone number, which finally received the verification SMS to complete the signing up process all the way to the mailbox. Everything seemed OK until I sent a test message (from Gmail) to the new rediff mailbox and tried to reply to it. The reply composition box returned an "undefined" error when hitting Send after typing the reply. Another attempt to reply started a never-ending security info updating process whereby it kept asking for my alternate (recovery) email address and phone number, despite having verified both of them! The homepage for rediff is littered with gossip and celeb news just like Yahoo or MSN. The sign up process for Yahoo, Gmail and MSN/Live.com were never nearly as glitchy as rediff. If this is the price of using a lesser-known free webmail service, I'd rather stick with the more popular and RELIABLE options like Outlook.com and Gmail even without an ad blocker in place! The experience is completely incomparable!
Closed Thread