Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Email

User Tag List

Can WSP emails get routed to Thunderbird on my PC?

This is a discussion on Can WSP emails get routed to Thunderbird on my PC? within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Is it possible to have my emails that arrive in a web space provider's email program to get automatically routed

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Is it possible to have my emails that arrive in a web space provider's email program to get automatically routed to Thunderbird on my computer? For example my Time Warner emails get routed to Thunderbird on my computer and then get automatically deleted off Time Warner's server. Can I do the same thing by with a WSP like Lunarpages using their email accounts that you can set up?
The problem I'm having is that forwarders don't always forward to my Time Warner email address when configured to forward as such. Time Warner tech support has no answer as to why my alias emails sometimes get blocked by Time Warner. I would like to bypass using Time Warner's problematic email server if possible, but still use Thunderbird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Thunderbird can receive all kinds of email just add the account to Thunderbird. You can receive Gmail, Live Mail, and Aol Mail, all free email accounts and the setting tom empty the server in in Account Properties, Advanced probably one of the last settings available. You can do Yahoo Mail as well though it is no longer free I don't think fror new accounts.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventVwr View Post
Is it possible to have my emails that arrive in a web space provider's email program to get automatically routed to Thunderbird on my computer? For example my Time Warner emails get routed to Thunderbird on my computer and then get automatically deleted off Time Warner's server. Can I do the same thing by with a WSP like Lunarpages using their email accounts that you can set up?
The problem I'm having is that forwarders don't always forward to my Time Warner email address when configured to forward as such. Time Warner tech support has no answer as to why my alias emails sometimes get blocked by Time Warner. I would like to bypass using Time Warner's problematic email server if possible, but still use Thunderbird.
Why don't you setup the Lunarpages account on Thunderbird the same way you did your Time Warner account, or did someone else do it for you and you have no idea how to do it?
Closed Thread