Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Email

User Tag List

Can anybody please help me linking Outlook exprees with gmail

This is a discussion on Can anybody please help me linking Outlook exprees with gmail within the Email forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi...I have two computers OS XP ..both online with Outlook express installed..Now my #1 PC has Outlook express which downloads

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Hi...I have two computers OS XP ..both online with Outlook express installed..Now my #1 PC has Outlook express which downloads my email from my ISP email address ...my #2 PC also has outlook express on it but it does not actually receive mail so I cannot figure that out....as i feel it should get the same emails as my #1 does...
However up to a few days ago my #1 PC Outlook Express also received most of my mail which arrives via my gmail address...
Now it has stopped and to look at my gmail i have to go to Gmail online ,,,

I would be very grateful if somebody could sort this out for me....I have checked my Outlook Express settings on #2 PC to my #1 settings and both sre the same....

Regards Ron New Zealand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

OS: WIN7 ULTIMATE - 64 bit (SP1), FIREFOX, ASUS G75 'ROG' laptop(s)

Are the systems configured so as to "leave mail on the server?" If not, the first PC to download mail is possibly DELETING it from the server, hence the second one finds no mail to get!

If you are using IMAP, then this should not be a problem. I have 5 devices (2 PC's, one iPad and 2 smartphones) all of which get the same POP3 mail, as they are set to NOT delete mail from the server(s) for 30 days. Each device keeps track of the mail it has received and does not duplicate messages downloaded from the server(s).

There may be other issues in play, but this is the most obvious one.

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

"Remember - HARDWARE is the part of the computer that can be KICKED!" - WIZMO
Old 09-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Hi..Thanks for your expertise...I have attached a screen capture of my Gmail Settings ...Hopefully this is what you require to look at first....Regards Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gmail Settings.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	291314  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2016, 11:47 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Hi heres another screenshot...It is downloading my vodafone mail but not my gmail....Thanks Ron
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vodafone error.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	291346  
Old 09-03-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

OS: WIN7 ULTIMATE - 64 bit (SP1), FIREFOX, ASUS G75 'ROG' laptop(s)

Hi Ron,

I don't use Outlook (or Express) for my mail, so I will have to set it up and try it to see what special requirements Gmail may have. I have several clients successfully using Gmail with their MS Outlook apps, so I will try to have a look at their settings to find a solution for you.

I use a very non-traditional mail client (called 'The Bat!') which I have configured to work successfully with Gmail. I'll also look at that configuration when I get back home to see if there is anything I can suggest. I'm working remotely on a special project at present, so it may be a day or two before I can get back to you.

In the interim, here are the settigs from Gmail's help section for POP and IMAP:

Name:	Gmail Configuration-01.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	291482

Name:	Gmail Configuration-02.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	291490

This may help you get it working.

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

"Remember - HARDWARE is the part of the computer that can be KICKED!" - WIZMO
Old 09-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Hi..I nearly have it but I get this massage (see attached) and each time I open Outlook Express its downloading 405 emails from 2008 ??????Thanks Ron
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gmail.2016-09-04_132804.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	291618  
Old 09-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #7
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murihikukid View Post
Hi..I nearly have it but I get this massage (see attached) and each time I open Outlook Express its downloading 405 emails from 2008 ??????Thanks Ron
Error 0x800C0133 means the inbox (file) is corrupt. You need to rebuild it, that is, delete or rename the current inbox file and let Outlook Express build a new one. Follow the thread here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5155566?page=1 for how to go about it. Take heed of given precautions to avoid inbox corruption.
Closed Thread