Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Offline

User Tag List

Popping in to say Hi!

This is a discussion on Popping in to say Hi! within the Offline forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. It's been a long while since I've posted on this forum but i thought I'd pop in and say hello,

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By visseroth
  • 1 Post By visseroth
  • 1 Post By xrobwx71
  • 1 Post By Corday
  • 2 Post By defriend
  • 2 Post By Dude111

Old 05-19-2020, 10:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint 19.3 (Primary) Displayed on a Samsung 48" 4K Curved TV

My System

Cool

It's been a long while since I've posted on this forum but i thought I'd pop in and say hello, I'm still alive and around, just busy.

I still get updates from time to time via email about people having problems though most of the time I don't reply due to the fact that the techs you have on these forums have already replied and gave the same answers I would have given.
Back when i was part of the hardware team I just simply didn't have time to reply on here all the time as I have a busy life.
I also didn't like donating my knowledge and time constantly and feeling obligated to due so when the makers of the forum were likely profiting off my knowledge while I was getting nothing in return, so I moved on and kept busy doing what I normally do.

So, in short, I thought I'd pop in, say hello and make some fast replies just for the fun of it before I go back to doing my billing, figuring out what I'm going to do tomorrow while I put a couple machines on the bench to be scrubbed before I head off to spend some time with the family before going to bed.

God Bless and see you guys around!!!
bassfisher6522 and SpywareDr like this.
visseroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

OS: Windows 10 Pro and Linux Mint 19.3 (Primary) Displayed on a Samsung 48" 4K Curved TV

My System

Now I remember why one reason why I stopped posting on this forum!!!

To many assholes!

It's pretty simple, treat others how you want to be treated!!!!

Basically telling a fellow member that they are stupid or don't know what they are talking about is a ******* move!

Complaining without a solution is WHINING!!!
Complaining with a solution is helpful and a step towards solving the problem!!!

So to some of you moderators/support members, grow the F up and be considerate of others and get off your high horse and practice some humility otherwise piss off!

Yes I can be stubborn but I will hold my ground if I'm right but I will NOT call you stupid for being wrong unless I feel I've been giving good reason to and a few of you have given me reason to.

So with that I'm out. I thought I could pop in and be helpful periodically again but it seems I'm stepping in ignorant toes.

Oh, and yes, obviously a few of you have pissed me off again which reminded me why I stopped posting on this forum.
bassfisher6522 likes this.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:29 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Oh and for those of you that want to say, "Who's whining now?" or I'm the one whining....

Solution......
Quote:
It's pretty simple, treat others how you want to be treated!!!!
Old 05-21-2020, 04:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

My System

WTH?

Hello.....
britechguy likes this.
xrobwx71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:38 AM   #5
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

visseroth: The past has passed. The present is what you claim to see. We don't have to agree. You could be part of the future. It doesn't matter that owners benefit. What does matter is people with problems get them solved.
xrobwx71 likes this.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #6
Registered Member

I just started coming to this forum again for the first time in four years. I mostly just stopped logging in due to collage and work. However, I was mostly active in this section of the site because that is what I enjoyed and for my lack of tech problems.
The tech problems I did have(no matter how stupid) got solved professionally and my questions answered. Most people I met on here were nice, but I can definitely see how some people on here could come out as rude due to the high-turnover rate of most and the personalities of some of those less tech-savvy. It is important to keep an open mind and accept some people are just un-sympathetic(especially since this is the internet.)
visseroth and xrobwx71 like this.
defriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:30 AM   #7
Registered Member

My System

My 2 cents:
There is enough stress in life without continuing to add it. If you come across something that causes you stress and there are a plethora of other avenues, check other avenues.

As you are walking past the brick wall of life, each and every brick represents thousands of possibilities.

Pick another, because as you know, "All in all it's just another brick in the wall". ---Roger Waters

xrobwx71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:00 AM   #8
Registered Member

I was very dubious of this...but meditation is a good stress reliever. I'm not spiritual or anything, but taking 10-20 minute every day to try to clear your mind and slow down body functions helps alot( I've been doing that for several months and have seen noticeable improvements on how I handle stressful situations.)
defriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:01 PM   #9
Registered Member

My System

@defriend, did that once, gave myself a dizzy spell, lol. Should probably try it again.

For everyone else, granted I MAY be reading into some if what has been written to much or not enough but the problems i experienced in just being on here for a day was the same problems I had in the past.
Some people are very abrupt and thoughtless of others and some are great!
Problem is that we have to keep those that are abrupt and thoughtless of others out otherwise the reputation of a few ends up tainting the rest of us that are thoughtful and humble.

Anyhow, I do apologize for the flaming post but I don't regret it due to those few that need a good ars-spanking.

@Corday, The present is what it is, not what anyone claims to see, granted each person perspective is different. It does matter that someone is making money off the knowledge of others and it's wrong to not give back to those that give so freely and I agree it is good to help others but the expense should be minimized and the gain should be shared among those that contribute to making anything what it is and I will not be a part of a future of which I scratch peoples backs but I myself don't get my back scratched, not even a little bit.
Heck even the Spiceworks teams give back to their communities with software, misc stuff, get togethers and more.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:48 PM   #10
An Awesome Dude

Hello everyone,I hope everyone is doing ok!!
visseroth and SpywareDr like this.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:20 AM   #11
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by visseroth View Post

@Corday, The present is what it is, not what anyone claims to see, granted each person perspective is different. It does matter that someone is making money off the knowledge of others and it's wrong to not give back to those that give so freely and I agree it is good to help others but the expense should be minimized and the gain should be shared among those that contribute to making anything what it is and I will not be a part of a future of which I scratch peoples backs but I myself don't get my back scratched, not even a little bit.
Heck even the Spiceworks teams give back to their communities with software, misc stuff, get togethers and more.
From time to time our owners do give "tokens" of remembrance.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #12
Registered Member

My System

It's interesting that you say "...our owners...". I don't know about you but I am owned by NO MAN! or woman :P

Well anyhow I made my point and I think I also made it clear I'm not interesting in being a part of a team that quarrels among itself and among those that don't respect others, so as such I will no longer be helping on this forum.
I'll head over to ServeTheHome, Spiceworks and another other forum that gives others the mutual respect that is deserved and ignores those that don't.

Good Day!
Old 05-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #13
Registered Member

Welcome back and have a nice day!
francisbaud is offline   Reply With Quote