Tech Support Forum banner

Zoom problem

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Claireredfil 
#1 ·
I tried to access Zoom, but in trying to download the software, received message: "cannot create temp folder archive"
How do I get past this to download the "updated" software?

#7 · (Edited)
When you download the file, in FF or Chrome, it may save at a Hidden Temp folder which will not allow you to create files, you can open the folder by clicking the arrow next to the download in the lower left corner move the Zoom.exe installer to your Downloads folder or another folder on your C: drive then run the installer.

#12 ·
When I tried to move the various zoom files, got message access denied. Ran as administrator to copy all z*.* files to c:\. Copied to c:\windows\system32 instead. Tried to run zoominstaller.exe and got message "Can't load config info". Tried to delete the copy of the zoom files and "access denied" even running as administrator. Don't know how I can get rid of this copy of the files now.Tried each file and got same result.

#13 ·
As administrator, copied one of the exe files to c:\ and it apparently installed a file, went to 99% and stayed there, hopefully it is installed. A chrome icon came up on desktop. Next time I have a meeting to attend, will see if this did the trick. Thanks for your help.

#14 ·
#15 · (Edited)
Copying the exe files to c:\ you can easily install the file. I had the same problem, and it took me one day to figure out how to install it. It was crazy! I remember the first days of remote adaptation when the pandemic started. We thought about how we will work at the team level to be as productive as possible. So, our team leader came up with some trivia and icebreakers activity before the meeting had started. He did it with https://slideswith.com platform. Man, I liked it so much. I wanted to have such activity at each meeting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.