Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Windows 10 optional update version 2004

This is a discussion on Windows 10 optional update version 2004 within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Windows 10 - version 1909 - 64 bit I have had this optional update on my update page for about

Old 06-29-2020, 07:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Windows 10 - version 1909 - 64 bit

I have had this optional update on my update page for about 3 weeks until the last update a few days ago, when it was withdrawn - no longer there.

Does anybody know why this update has been deleted ?
yabbadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Well, I was under the impression that some people who were having the printing or mouse bug with 2004 had the update taken away for the time being. It could be that you fall into this category. Since you didn't update to it yet guess they took it off your radar?

I read about the problems here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...004#436msgdesc
XXLMandalorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team

My System

Because if you wait long enough, and end up applying a cumulative update that was released after the optional update, the changes in that optional update are part of the cumulative update.

Thus, there's nothing left to "optionally apply."
britechguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 08:04 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
Because if you wait long enough, and end up applying a cumulative update that was released after the optional update, the changes in that optional update are part of the cumulative update.

Thus, there's nothing left to "optionally apply."
My own feeling is that MS have probably found yet another known issue, that results in it being severe enough in addition with many other known problems to put a block on issuing 2004 as an optional update, until it has been sufficiently cleaned and fixed for re-distribution.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:26 AM   #5
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadoo View Post
My own feeling is that MS have probably found yet another known issue, that results in it being severe enough in addition with many other known problems to put a block on issuing 2004 as an optional update, until it has been sufficiently cleaned and fixed for re-distribution.
That can absolutely be true, too. But I didn't take it from your initial post that you were referring to the Feature Update to 2004, but to one of the Out of band June 2020 cumulative update for Version 1909 and 2004: KB4567523/19041.331, KB4567512/18363.904. (The printer issue update)

I've seen the "Download and install" offer for Feature Updates revert to "not quite ready" notices when a later issue is found during the rollout process that could impact specific hardware that had not been recognized yet.

The Windows Update process overall is highly intelligent and sensitive to what it knows about the hardware it's running on and what Microsoft "tells it" regarding what hardware is ready, or not ready, at any given point in time.
britechguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:31 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
That can absolutely be true, too. But I didn't take it from your initial post that you were referring to the Feature Update to 2004, but to one of the Out of band June 2020 cumulative update for Version 1909 and 2004: KB4567523/19041.331, KB4567512/18363.904. (The printer issue update)

I've seen the "Download and install" offer for Feature Updates revert to "not quite ready" notices when a later issue is found during the rollout process that could impact specific hardware that had not been recognized yet.

The Windows Update process overall is highly intelligent and sensitive to what it knows about the hardware it's running on and what Microsoft "tells it" regarding what hardware is ready, or not ready, at any given point in time.
Thanks Brian - I reckon we have correctly concluded why my optional Feature 2004 update has been withdrawn.