Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free

This is a discussion on Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. “Do not install any third-party software on Windows 10 PCs” It's a well-known fact that many OEMs and retailers across

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
“Do not install any third-party software on Windows 10 PCs”

It's a well-known fact that many OEMs and retailers across the world are shipping Windows computers, no matter the OS version installed, with lots of useless software solutions that do nothing more than to slow down the PCs themselves and to create additional issues.

Anti-virus apps, word processors, toolbars, and other additional software tools that aren't specifically requested by users are all installed on these computers, so it takes time and effort for users to remove them completely.

And yet, this has to end in Windows 10, users claim in a new suggestion on UserVoice, as Microsoft needs to work with OEMs to avoid installing unnecessary software on computers powered by this new operating system.
Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free - Softpedia

MVP January 2013 to end December 2016
Microsoft Community Contributor
Windows Insider MVP July 2016 to end June 2017

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I hope those same people that want all bloatware removed before they get their new computer realized that bloatware lowers the cost of the new oem computer. Also one person bloatware is another's favorite utility.

Now it would be nice if microsoft had an uninstall utility in the control panel (or whatever they are going to call it in win10) where you can select everything you do not want and it all will uninstall at the same time. That would save a lot of time.