Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Stuck in boot loop (new pc)

This is a discussion on Stuck in boot loop (new pc) within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I got a pc for christmas ( https://www.bol.com/nl/p/play4ever-o...0000065187865/ ) Today I tried starting it up and immediately got confronted

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 12:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I got a pc for christmas (https://www.bol.com/nl/p/play4ever-o...0000065187865/)

Today I tried starting it up and immediately got confronted with the infamous blue screen. Basically telling me that my boot device is inaccessible.
I've tried various troubleshooting solutions recommended through various tutorials but nothing works.

- i can't access safe mode
- none of the options for system repair work
- i don't have another pc that has windows 10 so i can't try the media stick booting solution.
- only hardware connected to it are mouse, keyboard and monitor.
- only remaining solution is 'restart' so i'm basically stuck.

Any tips on how to overcome this?

Thanks,

Tommy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2017, 02:52 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Did this work before? Or do you have to install Windows on it first?
If it had Windows on it and it's brand new, take it back and get another one. You shouldn't have to mess around with a new computer, it should work out of the box, if not, it is under warranty.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you for the reply,

Windows is pre-installed according to the booklet that came with it

and yes, it's a brand new pc out of the box. The only problem with actually returning it is that it was ordered in a different country so I actually want to save me the money, time and hassle by returning it and all... But I guess that is the best option after all.

I never even got to the desktop, only the infinite loop cycle, I'm going to call the shop tomorrow (closed today) and ask for an explanation or free of charge return or something. It's the least they can do for sending me a faulty one, right? :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Yes, you should have a computer that works out of the box. If they won't help you or it is too cost prohibitive, then, on another computer, you can download the Windows 10 ISO image, and burn it to a USB Flash drive with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Then you can boot off of that in the troubled computer, and install Windows 10.
Closed Thread