Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Strange internet problem with Win 10

This is a discussion on Strange internet problem with Win 10 within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Sometimes (but not always) I get the attached error message. It happens when the computer is awaiting a response, such

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Corday
  • 1 Post By spunk.funk

Old 12-02-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Sometimes (but not always) I get the attached error message. It happens when the computer is awaiting a response, such as a reply after attempting to upload a small file to my health care provider, or when viewing embedded links such as the weekly quiz at BBC website. I get the same message (or very similar) with Firefox, Chrome and Edge. I also get the message when I pause my anti-malware (Emsisoft). The most interesting thing is that I do not get this problem on another computer located in my bedroom, which is running the same OS and AV software. The only difference between the two computers is that the bedroom one is on WiFi. My daughters laptop also does not have this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	internet problem.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	324778  
FreddieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

https://superuser.com/questions/1492...ean-in-firefox
FreddieClark likes this.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, you only need windows defender , you do not need any other, continuing to do so will only increase your problems.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:02 AM   #4
Registered Member

Jenae: As I already mentioned, my anti-malware is also on all my other computers and none are showing this problem. By the way in most tests, Windows defender is good but most experts recommend it is also coupled with a good anti-malware program. So your reply does not really help.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:06 AM   #5
Registered Member

I am not using a proxy or VPN. the errors occur in Chrome, Edge and Firefox. They are also there when I disable my Anti-Malware.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

We all agree that Windows Defender also needs an anti-malware program that you would manually start, and is not automatically started with Windows. We prefer Malwarebytes.
When going to these web sites, make sure your are using the secure setting in the address bar (ie) https:\\ rather then just http:
FreddieClark likes this.
spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #7
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, malwarebytes is not needed, it has been well and truly surpassed by superior algorithms used by defender, actually malwarebytes is some two years behind and uses older algorithms. I have no idea who these so called experts are, since we are considered the go to team for the five eyes, security arrangement. It was our work on our super computer that alerted the world to Kaspersky's exploits. For the past twenty five years all AV programs have been sent to us for evaluation we do this for 23 of the worlds most advanced economies (excluding china and russia). Currently Windows Defender is really all the US, AUS, Canada , NZ and the UK use in terms of security for sensitive govm't systems, Most of the reports you read about third party AV's on the web are "BS" paid for by the developers or through advertisements in magazines, it is time for people to wake up, stop being duped by the greedy and ignorant self prompting AV industry.

I should add that by far the best developed cleaner is System Ninja, and SuperAntiSpyware is great for removing adware, highly recommended.