Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Second Monitor is Detected but No signal PC to TV via HDMI

This is a discussion on Second Monitor is Detected but No signal PC to TV via HDMI within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! I recently bought a Slimline HP Desktop 270-P024, yesterday I tried to watch a movie and decided to connect

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hello!

I recently bought a Slimline HP Desktop 270-P024, yesterday I tried to watch a movie and decided to connect my desktop to my tv monitor through an HDMI cable. When I booted the PC, the HP Logo showed up on the TV Monitor, but then the signal went off.

I checked device manager and my tv is being detected, but yet the signal isnīt showing. I ramdonly tried changing the resolution through the Display Settings & suddenly the TV would display my PC but only for a few seconds... After a while no signal at all was found. The TV says something such as wait please.... But doesnīt display anything.

My specs are:

- Windows 10 operating system
- 12GB system memory
- 7th Gen IntelŪ Core™ i7-7700T processor
- INTEL HD Graphics 630

What can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

There should be an Intel icon in the Taskbar by the clock and/or in the Control Panel. Open Intel's graphic control panel, and there should be an area for TV and secondary monitor where you can readjust the resolution to what fits.
If not go to the HP Drivers site for your model https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...model/18161418 and type in your model# and download the Intel Driver under Drivers-Graphics
Old 12-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
There should be an Intel icon in the Taskbar by the clock and/or in the Control Panel. Open Intel's graphic control panel, and there should be an area for TV and secondary monitor where you can readjust the resolution to what fits.
If not go to the HP Drivers site for your model https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...model/18161418 and type in your model# and download the Intel Driver under Drivers-Graphics
Thank you, I tried but no luck thus far, I have an update though, maybe you could help me out?

UPDATE:

After trying almost everything, I left the PC connected via HDMI to the monitor & forgot about it. My Desktop doesnīt have speakers yet, havenīt bought them.... I mention it because I donīt know if itīs related or not.

Well i opened youtube to check some videos, tried watching a video and suddenly the TV signal went on! Sound and all. Itīs working perfectly now...but only If I play a song from youtube :S how so? I donīt understand the connection.

In fact, if the video ends, the monitor signal gest lost....until a new video starts playing. That just doesnīt make sense for me, whatīs happening in here? And the max I can play the video is 720 P, i tried 1080 and the signal got lost.

And btw, donīt know if itīs important, but somehow I canīt find a resolution for my tv monitor to fit well :s Max is 1360x768 & itīs not showing perfectly on my tv....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2017, 03:07 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

To clarify, do you have a Monitor and a TV, or just the TV connected to your desktop ?
Closed Thread