Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings.

This is a discussion on Search bar not working on taskbar, pc wont factory reset, cant open settings. within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My pc search bar isn't working and it's incredibly annoying. I've tried to factory reset my computer but it says

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 08:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

My pc search bar isn't working and it's incredibly annoying. I've tried to factory reset my computer but it says there was a problem resetting your pc. Some other issues I've been having are that when I try to open any images, it says File system error (-2144927436). Also when I right click my desktop and try to open display settings or personalize, it says "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. All of these issues just appeared one day, the day before my computer was functioning properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #2
Windows Tech Team

My System

Britechguy’s Standard “Windows 10 Revival Script”
Old 03-21-2020, 09:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
Im trying to do a CLEAN Installation of Windows 10 but when I open the media creation tool, a error pops up that says, The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. I should also note that I have no way of opening Settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2020, 09:28 PM   #4
Windows Tech Team

My System

You do realize that sometimes it's necessary to use a machine other than the one currently in melt-down to download the Media Creation Tool and to either fetch the ISO or create the bootable media, don't you?

This is not something I would have thought necessary to explain.
Closed Thread