Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

problems with wifi and win10

This is a discussion on problems with wifi and win10 within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I built a new computer on the Asrock H370M-Plus motherboard. all the functions work fine except for WIFI, the

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Stancestans
  • 1 Post By SpareChange

Old 03-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello

I built a new computer on the Asrock H370M-Plus motherboard. all the functions work fine except for WIFI, the connection periodically disappears, you have to start troubleshooting, after that the connection is restored, it finds no errors, what should I do?
seretac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, press win + x keys select powershell (admin) from the options, copy each of these cmds separately, right click anywhere in the PS window the cmd will append to the prompt:-

Get-NetAdapter | out-file $home\adapter.txt
notepad $home\adapter.txt

Get-NetTCPSetting | out-file $home\setting.txt
Notepad $home\setting.txt

Get-NetIPConfiguration | out-file $home\config.txt
notepad $home\config.txt

Please copy paste the notepad outputs here.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:26 AM   #3
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Asrock H370M-Plus doesn't exist, but the Asus H370M-Plus does and neither of them have wifi built in, what exact board do you have? Maybe the H370M-ITX/ac?
SpareChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2020, 05:47 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareChange View Post
Asrock H370M-Plus doesn't exist, but the Asus H370M-Plus does and neither of them have wifi built in, what exact board do you have? Maybe the H370M-ITX/ac?
It does:
ASRock H370M PRO4 LGA1151/Intel H370/DDR4/Quad CrossFireX/SATA3&USB3.1/M.2/GbE/MicroATX Motherboard

EDIT: Network adapter needs updated drivers for Windows 10.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #5
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Time to switch search engines
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:17 PM   #6
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stancestans View Post
Time to switch search engines
Whatever your name is, I have been a builder for 20+ years, as in a regular builder. You can feel free to link the board insults are not the right away to go about it.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:22 PM   #7
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Corday I have done 2 builds with the AsRock H370m Pro 4 does not have wifi (built in). You can add wifi via the M.2 (KEY E) but the board doesn't come with the actual wifi module. You have to purchase it separately. No one actually bothered to ask the OP what he was actually using for wifi (bought a module for the M.2, or added one via PCIe or USB.)
Old 03-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #8
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Whatever your name is, I have been a builder for 20+ years, as in a regular builder. You can feel free to link the board insults are not the right away to go about it.
No insults here, but a genuine recommendation if you couldn't find such a board via whatever search engine you use. I use multiple engines all the time, so I don't see what the tripping is for. No matter, let's not make this about our prowess and shortcomings, but await OP to clarify which board they've got. My educated guess is the itx (with inbuilt ac wifi) until they say otherwise.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:06 PM   #9
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stancestans View Post
No insults here, but a genuine recommendation if you couldn't find such a board via whatever search engine you use. I use multiple engines all the time, so I don't see what the tripping is for. No matter, let's not make this about our prowess and shortcomings, but await OP to clarify which board they've got. My educated guess is the itx (with inbuilt ac wifi) until they say otherwise.
Peace.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:52 AM   #10
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I would say SpareChange knows "his stuff" guys there is no AS Rock H370-Plus motherboard and the closest I see is an H370M Pro4 which while it does not have wifi it does have an M.2 Socket (Key E), which supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module and Intel® CNVi (Integrated WiFi/BT). Asus has and H370 Plus board with wifi module installed but in any case the original poster has yet to return to clarify anything so I support the call for "peace" here until we see them return as they only have the one post on here anyway.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Rich-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:04 AM   #11
Windows Tech Team

My System

All indications are, however, that this problem has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Windows 10 directly.
britechguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #12
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-M View Post
I would say SpareChange knows "his stuff" guys there is no AS Rock H370-Plus motherboard and the closest I see is an H370M Pro4 which while it does not have wifi it does have an M.2 Socket (Key E), which supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module and Intel® CNVi (Integrated WiFi/BT). Asus has and H370 Plus board with wifi module installed but in any case the original poster has yet to return to clarify anything so I support the call for "peace" here until we see them return as they only have the one post on here anyway.
I couldn't agree more. My sincere apologies @SpareChange for any harm done. Your expertise and experience has never been in question here and this awesome community could truly do with your help.
Rich-M and SpywareDr like this.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #13
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Let's all cool off since OP hasn't been back. Let him restate exactly what MOBO he owns. There is the possibility that what he described is only available in his part of the world.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:34 PM   #14
Hardware Tech Team

My System

No harm done folks thanks for being good teammates. Hopefully the OP will return and give us more information, including jenae's advice.
Rich-M likes this.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:13 PM   #15
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

#RESPECT @SpareChange @Stancestans

tristar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:20 PM   #16
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, the Op hasn't gotten back to us so, we really cannot do anything till then.