Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

POP UP AD PROBLEM FIREFOX CHROME AND EDGE PROBABLY

This is a discussion on POP UP AD PROBLEM FIREFOX CHROME AND EDGE PROBABLY within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a problem with pop up ads where when a pop up sometimes occurs it redirects to unwanted ads

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a problem with pop up ads where when a pop up sometimes occurs it redirects to unwanted ads not where it supposed to pop up to. I know this came from a free download I did and even though I realized fairly quickly what it was it got on my system and infected it. It has installed something somewhere that causes redirection of pop ups.

I have done all normal advertised steps and repeated:

AdwCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

HitmanPro

Reset browsers to default and rebooted.

I think these programs and steps have done something but something is still present as sometimes when a pop up occurs it redirects to unwanted ads. Probably making a new user would solve I think but would be good to solve it on this user. I know if the right file was deleted it would be gone but I do not know where it is and I am running out of steps to follow.

Anyone have some experience with where it might be and how to remove it? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Please read all of the following instructions found here: https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...lp-305963.html

After reading all of the instructions found above post the required logs in a new thread: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help

Please note that the virus team is very busy and will get to you in due time. If you do not get a reply within 72 hours then you may bump the post.

Do not post any logs here!
Old 11-26-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Okay I did exactly that thank you.
Closed Thread