Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

odd memory issue

This is a discussion on odd memory issue within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Win 10 i7-8700 16gb For a couple of months now, once a week or once every other week or so,

Old 02-12-2020, 04:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Win 10
i7-8700
16gb

For a couple of months now, once a week or once every other week or so, when I start up, my RAM seems to run normally (32%) but as time goes on 10 to 15 or 20 minutes or so, the RAM keeps ramping up until it gets to 98 or 99% then everything freezes or runs so slow itís basically frozen.

Iíve done a number of things including downloading and using Advanced SystemCare which I thought helped the problem initially by closing background programs and optimizing disc space.

This happens whether programs are running or not. I thought Iíd fixed the issue with some system adjustments and SystemCare but it keeps coming back. It seems so random, not happening frequently but as mentioned previously once every other week or so.

It always seems to fix itself after a number of reboots. 5-10 maybe. Then a couple of weeks can go by, everything working normally, then this issue crops up again.

Thanks in advance for the help.
soundecology is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.Windows Ten 64 bit Pro

Hi, these can sometimes be difficult to track down. You do only use windows defender for security, I hope. Also advanced system care is neither advanced or any good for the system, it is highly recommended you remove this program.

Have a good read through this:-

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/dealing-with-memory-leaks/
Old 02-12-2020, 03:00 PM   #3
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

More about Advanced Systemcare and similar junk here >> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...d-or-not-good/

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Deejay100six is offline   Reply With Quote