Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Microsoft to celebrate Windows 10 launch around the world on July 29

This is a discussion on Microsoft to celebrate Windows 10 launch around the world on July 29 within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. On Monday, Microsoft Corp. announced its plans to launch Windows 10 on July 29 with global fan celebrations, joint efforts

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
On Monday, Microsoft Corp. announced its plans to launch Windows 10 on July 29 with global fan celebrations, joint efforts with thousands of retailers, including all Microsoft store locations, a new global advertising campaign, and a new year-long initiative to celebrate people and organizations making a difference around the world. Available for the first time as a free upgrade*, Windows 10 delivers a fast and familiar experience that is more secure and automatically up-to-date. Featuring new innovations like Cortana**, Microsoft Edge and Xbox integration, Windows 10 is the best Windows ever.

“Windows 10 was built to empower people to do great things. We are thrilled to celebrate the launch of Windows 10 with our fans,” said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of Windows and Devices Marketing at Microsoft. “We’ll mark the launch of Windows 10 by celebrating the people and organizations that upgrade the world every day — and by helping them do more in their communities.”

Global launch celebrations for Windows fans

Windows fans have helped shape Windows 10, with 5 million Windows Insiders providing valuable feedback. The Windows Insiders will be the first to receive Windows 10 and are invited to join Windows 10 fan celebrations in 13 cities around the world, including Sydney, Tokyo, Singapore, Beijing, New Delhi, Dubai, Nairobi, Berlin, Johannesburg, Madrid, London, São Paulo, and New York City. Fan celebrations will offer hands-on opportunities, experiential demos, entertainment and opportunities to meet the Windows team.

Microsoft stores will celebrate the launch of Windows 10 in more than 110 stores in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. In select Microsoft stores, fan celebrations will feature Windows 10 pop-up demo experiences, prizes, giveaways and more. Microsoft stores are committed to delivering outstanding choice, value and service, including Answer Desk services and free in-store workshops that will help people learn how to get the most out of Windows 10.
Microsoft to celebrate Windows 10 launch around the world on July 29 | News Center

MVP January 2013 to end December 2016
Microsoft Community Contributor
Windows Insider MVP July 2016 to end June 2017

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft temporarily suspends Windows 10 preview build availability ahead of RTM

Quote:
The Windows 10 RTM (release to manufacturing) milestone is close at hand.

On July 13, Microsoft temporarily suspended availability of Windows 10 for PC preview builds in preparation for the upgrade process, which commences July 29.

"Windows Insiders have been the first to see our work on Windows 10 at every stage. Now you will also be the first to get a build flighted to you using the channels that we'll use for targeting and deploying to PCs for our staged rollout," said Gabe Aul, head of the Windows 10 Insider program in a July 13 update to a previous blog post.

More from Aul:
"We're suspending the availability of Windows 10 builds briefly while we prepare for that (rollout), and the next build that we flight to you will be delivered using the production channels. Starting tomorrow (July 14), we will also not be delivering any additional ISOs at this point as we really need Insiders to be using, stressing, and validating our distribution and upgrade processes. We'll make ISOs available again in the future, but for now we ask you to upgrade your current build via Windows Update once the next build is released."
Microsoft temporarily suspends Windows 10 preview build availability ahead of RTM | ZDNet

Old 07-15-2015, 06:36 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Looks like there will be no celebrations in my city or my country, shame.

Technical Support, Tier 2

BleepingComputer Malware Response Team | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast), so if I'm assisting you in a thread, and I've not been online for a while, please check the time to see if I'm awake or asleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Windows 10 Has Reached RTM

Quote:
Windows 10 has just reached RTM, which means that work on the new operating system has been finalized and Microsoft can now send it to OEMs to pre-install it on their devices.
Microsoft was originally projected to finalize work on Windows 10 one week ago, but because of a number of bug fixes and improvements that were still needed the company decided to push RTM back for one week, so today this important milestone has finally been reached.
The build number that's supposed to be RTM is 10240, just like we reported to you not a long time ago, but Microsoft won't release it to insiders before July 29.
Insiders will, however, receive a different build sometime very soon, but it's not yet clear which version this new release could be. All Windows 10 testers have already been moved to TH1, which is generally known as the RTM branch, so Microsoft could provide them with a release candidate ahead of the big launch on July 29.
Windows 10 Has Reached RTM - Softpedia

Old 07-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
Manager, TSF Articles

OS: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 build 14361, Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH3143 View Post
The build number that's supposed to be RTM is 10240, just like we reported to you not a long time ago, but Microsoft won't release it to insiders before July 29.
We've already got 10240.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Old 07-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #6
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

It's the RTM build now Screenshot Gallery: Windows 10 RTM Build 10240

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #7
Manager, TSF Articles

OS: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 build 14361, Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
Yes, I know, but the OP said Insiders wouldn't get it until the 29th, whereas we (or some of us) got it yesterday

Old 07-16-2015, 03:49 PM   #8
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

The usual SNAFU when making announcements, give a date and then totally ignore it.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
Manager, TSF Articles

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
The usual SNAFU when making announcements, give a date and then totally ignore it.
LOL. That sounds about right.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:43 AM   #10
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH3143 View Post
All Windows 10 testers have already been moved to TH1, which is generally known as the RTM branch, so Microsoft could provide them with a release candidate ahead of the big launch on July 29.
No snafu, it's in the details.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:32 AM   #11
Manager, TSF Articles

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther063 View Post
No snafu, it's in the details.
Like many of the announcements from MS, this one is obfuscatory and contradictory.

"The build number that's supposed to be RTM is 10240, just like we reported to you not a long time ago, but Microsoft won't release it to insiders before July 29.
Insiders will, however, receive a different build sometime very soon, but it's not yet clear which version this new release could be. All Windows 10 testers have already been moved to TH1, which is generally known as the RTM branch, so Microsoft could provide them with a release candidate ahead of the big launch on July 29."

Closed Thread