Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Laptop display crashes when playing games, then computer beeps loudly and shuts off

This is a discussion on Laptop display crashes when playing games, then computer beeps loudly and shuts off within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Recently when I have tried to play games on my Laptop, my screen will turn black, but I can still

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Recently when I have tried to play games on my Laptop, my screen will turn black, but I can still hear the game in the background. I also hear a sound like I'm getting a notification but I can never see what it is because the display crashes. Then a few seconds later, the sound cuts out, my laptop beeps loudly about 16-22 times, and then it shuts off. I have updated all of my drivers, so I don't think that is the problem. I also blew out the dust out of my laptop, replaced the thermal paste, and bought a cooling pad, and my temperatures have been fine since then. I ran a memory diagnostics with the tool windows has for that, and it didn't find any issues with the RAM. I don't know what could be going on! I am running Windows 10 on my laptop. My laptop is a Clevo P150HMx, with an intel core i7 2630QM, and my graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 675M. All of my games used to run fine, but now I can hardly even get into a game without this happening. I'm not very tech savvy and I could use any help anyone has to offer! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Ensure Windows is fully patched. Assuming the laptop officially supports Win10, ensure you are using the latest drivers available from the laptop manufacturer. Check Windows Event Viewer for any errors noted at the time of one of the crashes.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

I checked windows, and it is fully updated. I updated my drivers, and tried to play a game, and it crashed again. It logged 9 different events in the event viewer when it happened. The source and event Id's were:

DistributedCOM - 10016
Bonjour Service - 100
Kernel-PnP - 219
Eventlog - 1101
Kernel-Power - 41
volmgr - 46
EventLog - 6008
BugCheck - 1001

Some of the errors were listed repeatedly when it shut down. I'm not sure what the deal is or why there are so many. Any more ideas? Thanks again in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

I have a suspicion it's an OS issue, but with so many codes, I'm not sure where to start.

I'm going to move this to the Win10 board. If it's determined to be hardware related, it should likely get moved to the laptop board.

If there are any issues with this, please send me a PM.

Closed Thread