Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Internet keeps disconnecting.

This is a discussion on Internet keeps disconnecting. within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Gooddday everybody, Since almost a year now, when i'm gaming or using my pc my internet disconnects. Sometimes I can

Old 01-27-2020, 08:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

Gooddday everybody,

Since almost a year now, when i'm gaming or using my pc my internet disconnects. Sometimes I can keep gaming for 3 days without a single disconnect, and sometimes it's 10 times in an hour.

After a couple months i saw somebody talk about my internet properties in my ''Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller'' and about the save-power mode to turn it of. Well i did and i'm still disconnecting. What i did found at advanced options is that speed & duplex (snelheid & duplex, i need to translate this from dutch) on 10 Mbps Half Duplex reduces the disconnecting by a lot. But if my computer has a good day i can just put it at automatic.

I also know that it's not my cable, cause if i run the ping thing in my Cmd it still pings back when i'm disconnected.
If i disconnect the light on my Ethernet port is turned off as well.

I do get the message '' Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_81681849&REV_11\01000000684CE00000 requires further installation'' and i have no idea where to find this thing or how to install it.

This is all the information i have at this moment, for the people wondering i did the obvious things like restarting the pc or router, Power cycling, driver updates that kinda stuff.

I really would love some help in this, because i'm kinda getting desperate with this problem. I just want it fixes now

Thanks for reading and helping,

Jake
Xelcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

You should find it here https://www.realtek.com/en/component...press-software

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
And.. what do I download?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Scroll down to the windows section and try the second from the top of the list.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #5
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelcion View Post
m disconnected.

I do get the message ''Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_81681849&REV_11\01000000684CE00000 requires further installation'' and i have no idea where to find this thing or how to install it.
Not that it isn't a great idea to update the driver, but just be aware that messages of the general format above, ending in, "requires further installation," are neither error messages nor require any action.

If you look through the Event tab for the devices on your system you will find a number that have this as a message, and that have been chugging along just fine.

The Intel 3165 WiFi card in my machine has had many driver updates over time, is functioning just fine, and this has always been the status message in the Events tab for as long as I can remember. You'll find it for a number of other things, too.

I have always hated the fact that there exist what I call "normal error messages." This happens to be one of them. It occurs when things are functioning normally but appears to be an error message.

Do not be surprised if this message persists, even after a successful update.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
Scroll down to the windows section and try the second from the top of the list.
So I just installed whatever that was, Message still there but according to the other guy it should be ok.
I will let the pc running for the night in a game to test if i disconnect during the night. Will report back tomorrow.

Thanks guys for helping.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:48 PM   #7
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

If this is the only PC you're using, I'd recommend reaching out to your ISP to either confirm if this is an issue on their end, or if it's a known issue with their router/modem.

tristar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:13 AM   #8
Registered Member

So, I'll still disconnect. Not that much anymore but i still disconnect.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:58 AM   #9
Windows Tech Team

My System

If you are connected by ethernet cable, and you know that cable to be good (I really would try another just to be sure), all indications are that the issue lies in the modem-router. Whether it's because the modem-router itself has begun "going wonky" or whether the service from the ISP to the modem-router has become inconsistent I cannot say definitely.

I second @tristar's recommendation that you reach out to your ISP about this. I went through a very long period when I had DSL service where there were troubles on the line between the central office and my home. It took Verizon many months to even admit this was the issue and just as long to fix it. Most ISPs will perform a line test and then set up automatic line testing on your line for a period of several days to see if they can detect some issue between them and your modem-router.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:03 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
If you are connected by ethernet cable, and you know that cable to be good (I really would try another just to be sure), all indications are that the issue lies in the modem-router. Whether it's because the modem-router itself has begun "going wonky" or whether the service from the ISP to the modem-router has become inconsistent I cannot say definitely.

I second @tristar's recommendation that you reach out to your ISP about this. I went through a very long period when I had DSL service where there were troubles on the line between the central office and my home. It took Verizon many months to even admit this was the issue and just as long to fix it. Most ISPs will perform a line test and then set up automatic line testing on your line for a period of several days to see if they can detect some issue between them and your modem-router.
Maybe i should have mention it earlier, in the past year i had 2 different routers, my roommate works with the company so we get the newest of the newest. I had the problem with both routers. Also, everything else is fine ps4, laptop, phone and all my roommates products as well. The only product that has this problem is my Desktop. I always have thought it was a motherboard problem over something else.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #11
Windows Tech Team

My System

Well, that's a whole bunch of critical information that was missing.

With that revealed, all indicators point to something in your machine, that's for sure!