Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Internal Bluetooth adapter not recognized

This is a discussion on Internal Bluetooth adapter not recognized within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just updated my laptop to Win10 and my bluetooth stopped working. I looked in the Device Manager and there

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just updated my laptop to Win10 and my bluetooth stopped working. I looked in the Device Manager and there was no bluetooth driver installed, so I thought that I just had to install it. I ran Windows Update to see if it would automatically find and download it for me, it didn't. So then I went to my manufacturer's page and downloaded the driver from there. The installation went fine and it said that it downloaded and installed successfully. After a quick reboot Device manager still said I didn't have any Bluetooth drivers installed. My manufacturer's site had different bluetooth adapters for my laptop so I thought I downloaded the wrong one. After installing the rest of them and rebooting Device manager still said that I had none installed, this leads me to assume that somehow the operating system isn't recognizing that I have any bluetooth hardware at all. So now I'm out of Ideas and thought I'd throw away my pride as a tech-savvy person and ask for help.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 (5547 model) running Windows10 (recently upgraded from 8.1)

The manufacturer's site I got the drivers from is here Product Support | Dell US

*Edit* Forgot to mention that it was a clean install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2015, 07:41 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Set the OS to Windows 10, first, then download the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Bluetooth Driver.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

Already tried that mate. I install it then when I reboot it still doesn't show up in Device Manager, nor does it actually allow my bluetooth to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Sounds like a bug in Windows 10 or the driver is configured incorrectly. I would wait to see if Dell or Microsoft issues a patch.
Closed Thread