Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

i Have problem with my windows 10 Explorere.exe Crash

This is a discussion on i Have problem with my windows 10 Explorere.exe Crash within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.14393.447, time stamp: 0x5819bde0 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.447, time stamp: 0x5819bc32 Exception code:

Old 04-01-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.14393.447, time stamp: 0x5819bde0
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.447, time stamp: 0x5819bc32
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f7423
Faulting process id: 0xf10
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6081353760ace
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 6ba0be44-8bb3-436d-8d47-51c2c79ef2e3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

anyone can give me a solution ?
Santoreeves.788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Run sfc /scannow. If you are not familiar with it, read this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Run sfc /scannow. If you are not familiar with it, read this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
i do , but nothing
stil crash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2020, 12:25 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Since you answered immediately, tell us what else you've done so we don't duplicate it.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:49 PM   #5
Windows Tech Team

My System

Britechguy’s Standard Advice Regarding Windows 10 Issues and Their Repair

If SFC is failing, then go immediately to DISM (then run SFC afterward if DISM succeeds).

If both fail then go to the Repair Install step.
britechguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:56 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Since you answered immediately, tell us what else you've done so we don't duplicate it.
i do this :

1. Unpin everything from Quick Access.
2. Set Explorer to open to This PC instead of QA.
3. Clear Explorer's history from the options dialog and uncheck the two QA-related settings while you're there. Turning off thumbnails by checking "Always show icons, never thumbnails" might also help.
4. If none of the above solve the issue, try disabling the Windows Search service.
5.DISM
6.Sfc /scannow
7.Reinstall windows
8.Automatic Repair Couldn't repair your pc

i try this all but nothing change

Quote:
Originally Posted by britechguy View Post
Britechguy’s Standard Advice Regarding Windows 10 Issues and Their Repair

If SFC is failing, then go immediately to DISM (then run SFC afterward if DISM succeeds).

If both fail then go to the Repair Install step.
stil crash
Old 04-01-2020, 09:05 PM   #7
Windows Tech Team

My System

If you can't get things running again after having done a Completely Clean Reinstall, which is what I take your #7 in your list as meaning, I suspect an underlying hardware issue.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:06 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
If you can't get things running again after having done a Completely Clean Reinstall, which is what I take your #7 in your list as meaning, I suspect an underlying hardware issue.
What hardware is broken?
Old 04-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #9
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoreeves.788 View Post
What hardware is broken?
I have absolutely no idea. There are things that are very difficult to pinpoint precisely via written exchanges on help forums.

But the fact that you state you've already tried clean reinstalling the Windows 10 operating system, and it didn't work, really suggests that it's not Windows itself that's at fault. I can count on less than one hand the number of times a clean (re)install of Windows 10 doesn't solve issues like the one you initially described if the fault lies in Windows 10.

Are you certain you did a completely clean reinstall?

Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Fetch the Win10 ISO File

Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Create Bootable Win10 Install Media on a USB Thumb Drive
Old 04-03-2020, 12:03 AM   #10
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

You're running an awfully old version of Windows 10 (1607). You should upgrade to the latest version (1909), preferably via a fresh clean installation.
Stancestans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:36 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stancestans View Post
You're running an awfully old version of Windows 10 (1607). You should upgrade to the latest version (1909), preferably via a fresh clean installation.
i do it bro , but stil crashing
Old 04-03-2020, 05:37 AM   #12
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Visit https://www.techsupportforum.com/324...eccy-or-cpu-z/ then use the Speccy method. Post the url/link in your next reply.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:54 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Visit https://www.techsupportforum.com/324...eccy-or-cpu-z/ then use the Speccy method. Post the url/link in your next reply.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gq...mVtGsfFrUxTzzr
This use speccy
Old 04-03-2020, 06:38 AM   #14
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoreeves.788 View Post
Great. Next time, for a quicker posting of your Speccy Snapshot, go to the File menu and select Publish Snapshot. A link will be generated, which you just paste into your replies. It's faster and convenient than sharing the file via Google Drive.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Great. Next time, for a quicker posting of your Speccy Snapshot, go to the File menu and select Publish Snapshot. A link will be generated, which you just paste into your replies. It's faster and convenient than sharing the file via Google Drive.
Ok hope my problem can solved
im waiting u
Old 04-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #16
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

I can't see anything unusual on your laptop, but I suspect Nvidia software could be responsible, going by other similar reports on the web, especially the Desktop context menu. Windows Update installed an old driver for your gpu dated December 4th 2017! Your laptop's support site has a newer version dated July 22nd 2019 and Nvidia has a more recent version dated March 23, 2020. While Nvidia recommends getting driver updates from the manufacturer of your notebook (Asus), I strongly suggest trying the latest version from Nvidia's site first. Windows Update MUST be stopped from installing that old driver. If it isn't stopped, then it doesn't matter how many times you clean-install Windows, because each time you do it will install the same old driver when online! Proceed as follows:

1. Disable automatic fetching and installation of drivers from Windows Update by changing device installation settings as explained here. In addition, set your internet connection to metered since you're running Windows 10 Home which doesn't have gpedit for proper controls over Windows Update.

2. Download the latest gpu driver package for your laptop from Nvidia here.

3. Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here and take note of the recommended usage notes listed on that page. Take your time with this, don't rush. A user guide/tutorial for DDU is available here https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

4. Uninstall Nvidia software via Control Panel like you normally would for other software, then restart Windows in safe-mode and run DDU according to the guide linked to in step 3 above.

5. Restart Windows normally after the DDU cleanup and install the driver package downloaded in step 2 above. Restart after the installation whether you're asked to or not.

6. Observe for these crashes and report back as soon as it happens.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:26 AM   #17
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Windows Update MUST be stopped from installing that old driver. If it isn't stopped, then it doesn't matter how many times you clean-install Windows, because each time you do it will install the same old driver when online!
Just as a side note, I have found this to be no longer happening.

Windows Update seems to have a version checking facility now and if the driver that's in "The Great Microsoft Driver Library in the Cloud" has a version that's prior to the one detected as installed, it will not replace it.

I have a number of drivers that are managed by either AMD Radeon Settings or Intel Driver & Support Assistant that are much more recent than my computer OEM or MS has, and Windows Update has not replaced any of those in several years. (And it has had multiple opportunities to have done so subsequent to their having been installed.)
Old 04-03-2020, 11:32 AM   #18
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Just as a side note, I have found this to be no longer happening.

Windows Update seems to have a version checking facility now and if the driver that's in "The Great Microsoft Driver Library in the Cloud" has a version that's prior to the one detected as installed, it will not replace it.

I have a number of drivers that are managed by either AMD Radeon Settings or Intel Driver & Support Assistant that are much more recent than my computer OEM or MS has, and Windows Update has not replaced any of those in several years. (And it has had multiple opportunities to have done so subsequent to their having been installed.)
The Speccy snapshot says otherwise. Also, the issue is not replacing the current driver with an older version. The issue is fetching drivers from Windows Update for devices that DO NOT yet have a driver installed, which is exactly the state the laptop will be in after a fresh Windows install or uninstall of current graphics driver.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
I can't see anything unusual on your laptop, but I suspect Nvidia software could be responsible, going by other similar reports on the web, especially the Desktop context menu. Windows Update installed an old driver for your gpu dated December 4th 2017! Your laptop's support site has a newer version dated July 22nd 2019 and Nvidia has a more recent version dated March 23, 2020. While Nvidia recommends getting driver updates from the manufacturer of your notebook (Asus), I strongly suggest trying the latest version from Nvidia's site first. Windows Update MUST be stopped from installing that old driver. If it isn't stopped, then it doesn't matter how many times you clean-install Windows, because each time you do it will install the same old driver when online! Proceed as follows:

1. Disable automatic fetching and installation of drivers from Windows Update by changing device installation settings as explained here. In addition, set your internet connection to metered since you're running Windows 10 Home which doesn't have gpedit for proper controls over Windows Update.

2. Download the latest gpu driver package for your laptop from Nvidia here.

3. Download Display Driver Uninstaller from here and take note of the recommended usage notes listed on that page. Take your time with this, don't rush. A user guide/tutorial for DDU is available here https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

4. Uninstall Nvidia software via Control Panel like you normally would for other software, then restart Windows in safe-mode and run DDU according to the guide linked to in step 3 above.

5. Restart Windows normally after the DDU cleanup and install the driver package downloaded in step 2 above. Restart after the installation whether you're asked to or not.

6. Observe for these crashes and report back as soon as it happens.
i do step by step

i will report again
Old 04-03-2020, 12:48 PM   #20
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
The issue is fetching drivers from Windows Update for devices that DO NOT yet have a driver installed, which is exactly the state the laptop will be in after a fresh Windows install or uninstall of current graphics driver.
I have yet, in recent years, to see Microsoft not select a generic driver that would keep a system functional on a clean install. It may not be the perfect fit, but it doesn't generally cause the system to "blow up."

That's been the beauty of telemetry over time, Microsoft can track what has caused systems to implode when the wrong initial choices were made and to refine as time goes by.

In any case, I'll keep watching the topic. I still believe that this is either something wonky in hardware itself or that what has been reported by the OP is inaccurate (and I don't mean intentionally, but I've seen plenty of instances where what someone thinks they've done, and what they actually did, are at odds).