Tech Support Forum banner

I can't make my SSD as my boot drive

572 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bobbysama 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, i'm frustrated as you can get right now, i've been trying to search for a solution for 6 hours now with no luck!

So I bought a new SSD, Samsung Evo Plus 500gb m.2.

I cloned my old SSD which had the OS on it to my HDD as I did not have an USB to reinstall windows 10 from scratch, so after I cloned it, my HDD became "C Drive" and main boot system in the bios system.

I installed my new 500gb SSD and I made it into "F drive". I tried to clone my HDD drive now with the OS to my SSD drive which it did, but now in my bios system i have two booting systems, my HDD and my new SSD but I can't seem to disable my HDD or select my SSD as my #1 boot system! I tried to change drive letters in disk management, i've tried softwares, i'm running out of options and don't know what else I can do. Please help..

Technology Electronic device

See less See more
#2 ·
Lets try this first.....power down and open case, disconnect the sata data/power cables. Now power up. Then new M.2 drive should now be the C drive. If that checks out..power down and reattach cables to old HDD and power up. That drive should now have a new drive letter.

Personally, I would use the MS MCT assiant and create a USB ISO and keep it on hand for such things like....a new drive or system repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.